If there were a genie

PDA

Jdude
March 1, 2009, 12:58 PM
Let's pretend that there is a magical force that you have found in a cave somewhere. This force can permanently remove all negative gun control laws. As payment, however, you must give up all of yours and cannot own, borrow, or shoot ever again.
We assume for the sake of this thread that the magical force is guaranteed.

Would you toss yours into the furnace so that everyone else can keep theirs?

If you enjoyed reading about "If there were a genie" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Pulse
March 1, 2009, 01:02 PM
yes.

kingpin008
March 1, 2009, 01:29 PM
Sorry, I tend to deal in reality. I'd rather write and call my elected officials to make sure that what we have doesn't get any worse than worry about genies doing it for me.

CB900F
March 1, 2009, 02:11 PM
Fella's;

I'm with Kingpin on this one. There are so many ways to misconstrue a hypothetical question such as this, that there's no practical purpose in giving a straightforward answer IMHO.

For instance: OK, fellow members of the Society To Rid The World Of Nasty Guns, we've got responses from gun owners stating that they'd give up the guns. Nevermind how the responses were obtained, we've got the thin end of the wedge in the crack. Now how can we expand on it?

Not that I'd think anybody here was actually a shill for that type of organization, but in these times never hurts to watch yer 6.

900F

Old Fuff
March 1, 2009, 02:43 PM
I'd leave instructions in my will... :evil: :neener:

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
March 1, 2009, 02:47 PM
Hmm, that's a tough one. If it was a permanent repeal & prophylactic of gun control laws in all countries in the world, then yes, I think I would bite the altruistic bullet and do it. But it'd be hard. If it applies to the USA only, that'd be a tougher call, but probably yes.

RP88
March 1, 2009, 02:48 PM
sounds more like a deal with the devil than a wish from a genie...

gvnwst
March 1, 2009, 02:55 PM
Yes, i then would proceed to get a lot of bombs, grenade launchers, and RPGs, they are not guns, are they?:evil:D:D:D:p

Duke of Doubt
March 1, 2009, 03:05 PM
I'd give the genie anything she wanted.

If you enjoyed reading about "If there were a genie" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!