Pretty good day at the range.

PDA

chrissmallwood
March 1, 2009, 04:45 PM
Hi all, I just got back from the range and I was pretty pleased with my self. I took my DPMS Sportical and my Marlin 925M and tried them out at 100yds for the first time.

Heres the groups from my AR. The ones highlighted in yellow were my first group. I zeroed the rifle at 50yds so the first group shot a little high and the wind picked up and started pushing them to the left.
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc103/chrissmallwood/targets/Picture817.jpg

I adjusted my POA and the ones circled in black were my second group. I was still shooting a little high and to the left but not as much this time.
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc103/chrissmallwood/targets/Picture815.jpg

They may not be very good groups to many the people on this board but this was the first time I shot at 100yds so I didnt really know what to expect. Hopefully with some practice and maybe some better weather I can do better. What do you all think?

If you enjoyed reading about "Pretty good day at the range." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hungry Seagull
March 1, 2009, 04:47 PM
I say GREAT shooting. That is a pretty small target at 100 yards.

Keep at it! You are already a better shot than me at 100. Im about ready to move up from 20 to 50 yards on the next shoot.

chrissmallwood
March 1, 2009, 04:55 PM
Thx Seagull, I just put one of those 3" sticky dots on a sheet of paper. Ive been shooting mostly at 50 yds lately just trying to work my way up. I wanted to get better at the shorter ranges before I moved up in distance.

Bill_Rights
March 1, 2009, 07:55 PM
Pretty darn good. What scope were you using and at what magnification? How did you support the rifle, or off hand (really good, if that's what you did!)?

chrissmallwood
March 1, 2009, 09:24 PM
Bill_Rights- I just have a cheap NcStar 3-6x32 on it and I had it on 6 power. Ive had it for awhile and so far its held up and hasnt lost zero. I was shooting of a rest. I tried shooting offhand but it was cold and I couldnt hold it still because I kept shaking.

Hungry Seagull
March 1, 2009, 09:37 PM
**Thumps you on the back and hands you a bottle of spirits. That oughta warm you up enough to take a good shot.

:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Pretty good day at the range." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!