which pepper spray?

PDA

drjoker
March 1, 2009, 07:09 PM
Which brand/model pepper spray should I get? It needs to be extremely portable and discreet. It is going to be a less than lethal option or back up weapon to my CCW, the glock 19. I don't want to kill anyone, so I intend to use the pepper spray and not the CCW. I will only use the CCW if I really have to.

If you enjoyed reading about "which pepper spray?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hungry Seagull
March 1, 2009, 07:11 PM
We carried Sabre red against roving dogs for a while, but wind is not always in favor. be stupid of us to incapcitate ourselves to biting packs.

We switched to a Taser C2 model that can be unloaded to become a stun gun more than effective against dogs, Just let em clamp a fang around the leg and fry em.

azhunter122
March 1, 2009, 07:16 PM
The Kimber Guardian Angel is nice.

drjoker
March 1, 2009, 07:49 PM
I signed up for a personal defense class recently and my instructor says that tasers are illegal in Texas unless you have a license specifically for Tasers. He has no experience with pepper sprays as he thinks that they're ineffective for determined / drugged attackers. I think that he's just a tad trigger happy. He wonders why I mess with pepper sprays when I have a Glock. I really don't want to kill anyone, but I do want to defend myself. If a less than lethal option exists to defuse a undetermined attacker, then I'm all for it. However, he spotted that my pepper spray is over a decade expired/out-of-date, so I'm looking to replace it.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Drjoker.

drjoker
March 7, 2009, 02:33 AM
Has anyone used a tigerlight? It is a pepper spray and tactical light combo. Seems like a great combo as I will be drawing a light at the same time as my gun. This gives me a less than lethal option to use before having to resort to lethal force. http://www.tigerlight.net/Home_Page.html

If you enjoyed reading about "which pepper spray?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!