Oh crap, I want a Star Firestar M-43 9mm again

PDA

erikd65
March 1, 2009, 08:13 PM
Had one, now I want another one...

Damn hard to find one at a reasonable price... $400 is not my idea of reasonable... or am I way off base?

If you enjoyed reading about "Oh crap, I want a Star Firestar M-43 9mm again" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tinpig
March 1, 2009, 09:35 PM
Had one and it was well-made and reliable, but I sold it when I found a nice FN Hi Power.
What I didn't like about the M-43 was that it was heavy to carry for its size, its capacity was small, and the grip was just too short to be comfortable or shoot well in my hands.
Hope you find another.
Tinpig

12Bravo20
March 2, 2009, 10:26 AM
Unfortunately $400 seems to be the average online price right now. I picked one up a few months ago for $225. I have a M43 and M40 and wouldn't mind finding a M45. Keep looking, one will show up.

sarge83
March 2, 2009, 10:48 AM
I found your firestar M-43 last week at the local pawn shop, LNIB, Starvel finish, had original box, papers and cleaning tools. $309 OTD. I brought it home and laid it on my home office desk to clean and shoot and my wife found it and immediately claimed it as her carry gun...

They have a beat up .45 version in blue for $259, just can't pay that for a gun that really is the definition of a well used gun.

S&Wfan
March 2, 2009, 11:59 PM
Great looking gun . . . and wonderful egronomics too! Heavy though . . . of course this helps in the recoil department of course.

I wish they had a grip safety on 'em though.

Still . . . what a looker!

T.

If you enjoyed reading about "Oh crap, I want a Star Firestar M-43 9mm again" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!