That's it, I'm broke.

PDA

W L Johnson
March 1, 2009, 08:38 PM
My AR family has been growing, but getting laid off has put a stop to it's growth.:( Hopefully I will find something before any kind of ban (if any) comes along.

Click for larger image

If you enjoyed reading about "That's it, I'm broke." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hungry Seagull
March 1, 2009, 08:42 PM
Pick one, the very best one of the bunch and wait until post ban and sell the rest at a profit. =)

Being mildly sarcastic here, please dont take offense.

Were broke too from holding up the US Firearms Industry.

W L Johnson
March 1, 2009, 09:29 PM
Sell one of my babies..... never.:eek:
It the price of feeding them that gets me :banghead:

Now..... does anyone know how much you can get for a first born? :evil:

chris in va
March 1, 2009, 09:31 PM
Shoot, I can't even afford the range fee. Today I went down to just look at the guns in the counter. Hopefully the guys didn't think I was casing the place!

Big Bill
March 1, 2009, 11:07 PM
WL - good luck finding another job. I wish you the best.

Wesson Smith
March 1, 2009, 11:15 PM
I would say that you have a real nice "investment" there.
Granted, it doesn't pay the rent, but I'm pretty sure there
will come a day where you'll be glad you kept most or all
of them. One of the few bright ideas I managed to pull out
of the hat starting about 5 years ago was to start stocking
up on .223, 7.62x39 and .308. I'm real glad I did, because
it allows me to keep shooting regularly despite the craziness
that's going on right now with ammo prices and availability.

taliv
March 1, 2009, 11:15 PM
Now..... does anyone know how much you can get for a first born?

not much these days, apparently.

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20090227/NEWS01/902270328

Big Daddy Grim
March 1, 2009, 11:21 PM
8 of them at once you might get more;)

usmc1371
March 2, 2009, 02:22 AM
The nice thing about guns is they don't cost anything to have around even if you can't feed them. If you sell one you will kick yourself later. I have every gun I have ever bought that worked 100%, come to think of it the only gun I have ever sold is a lama .45 and i wish I still had that one to.

madcratebuilder
March 2, 2009, 08:02 AM
Pick one, the very best one of the bunch and wait until post ban and sell the rest at a profit. =)

Are you sure the new ban well allow the legal transfer of banned weapons?

hexidismal
March 2, 2009, 08:04 AM
Well, I'm too broke to own even 1 AR , so quit your bellyaching.

W L Johnson
March 2, 2009, 08:27 AM
Actually, I'm happy :) I got these while I could, I am not "bellyaching". I saw which way the political climate was going back in Jan of last year and that's when I started buying. No matter ban or no ban I still come out ahead.

Maybe I went a little overboard though :rolleyes:

JWF III
March 2, 2009, 04:20 PM
I feel for you, and I'm right there in the same boat.

New construction sucks because of the banks (and the pure number of empty homes in the Atl. area). Remodeling sucks because the stock market is tanking, and everybodies holding on to what they have.

As I am, I'm holding on to every gun I have, right till the very end. If it ever comes to that point, someone will get some real good deals, if I need the money bad enough to sell my babies.

Wyman

gbran
March 2, 2009, 05:27 PM
It the price of feeding them that gets me

You might as well own a 100, it doesn't cost any more to feed them as it does just one, as you can only shoot one at a time.

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
March 2, 2009, 05:45 PM
Very nice! 7 ARs is a pretty good start. :)

Do NOT sell! You'll get through the tough times, and likely regret it.

2RCO
March 2, 2009, 05:54 PM
WL from that flooring do your ARs have their own playroom?

W L Johnson
March 2, 2009, 07:07 PM
WL from that flooring do your ARs have their own playroom?

Those are leftover foam mats from when my daughter was younger. My mother kept buying packs of them for her every time she went to Sam's club and lately I have been working on the basement in my house and they come in handy for covering up the bare concrete around my work area. The background is a piece of drywall that hasn't been hung yet.

husker
March 2, 2009, 07:09 PM
when we hit defcon 2 that knock at your door will be me

W L Johnson
March 2, 2009, 09:43 PM
Bring Ammo :D

and food, nobody gets in without bringing food. :p

butters
March 2, 2009, 10:06 PM
W L is the reason I paid > $1000 for my Bushmaster and had to go to 4 stores to find one. You bought them all and drove up prices! ;)

USMC1371, I hear you on not selling any guns. I only own 6 guns and unless I absolutely had to I wouldn't sell any of them. Even my Hi-Point is safe for the moment.

DocBoCook
March 2, 2009, 10:11 PM
wish I had your problem man. I would pick your least fav and sell it at a fair profit and use the proceeds to fund your habit

DocBoCook
March 2, 2009, 10:12 PM
W L, don't forget BYOB

W L Johnson
March 2, 2009, 10:28 PM
W L is the reason I paid > $1000 for my Bushmaster and had to go to 4 stores to find one. You bought them all and drove up prices!

Don't think you can blame me, I started early, over a year ago (Jan 2008) I knew which way the wind was blowing. Left.

wep45
March 2, 2009, 10:31 PM
hey, you cant let a lttle set back stop you now............get another credit card and spend away .............dont worry bout tomorrow..........feel good today:neener:

W L Johnson
March 2, 2009, 10:37 PM
You know... I need two more to give me nine, then I can call them the Nazgul :evil:

husker
March 2, 2009, 10:39 PM
thats funny

husker
March 2, 2009, 10:45 PM
i still have 150 cans of spam from y2k. hey dont knock it. it saved old Stall en and Russia some mre. from before time to. ill bringem along to

W L Johnson
March 2, 2009, 10:46 PM
No, funny is loading the car up to go to the range with six of them and then halfway there realizing that each one of them is worth more than the car I was driving. :what:

butters
March 2, 2009, 10:51 PM
That's pretty funny. Reminds me of my younger years when my car stereos were worth way more than my cars.

husker
March 2, 2009, 10:51 PM
i did the same thing when i felt the wind going left. JAN 1 08= the 2 guns dad left me 3-2-09 =14 and wating on a henry youth 22 lever action for my little girl. a variety of guns though. 1 colt AR-15 sporter h-bar 1/7 twist

W L Johnson
March 2, 2009, 11:08 PM
and wating on a henry youth 22 lever action for my little girl.

Hey.. I got my little girl a Henry lever action too, a 22lr golden boy for Christmas. But don't tell her mother.

husker
March 2, 2009, 11:14 PM
i wont tell ill be to busy knocking on your door and looking up into the sky for intercontinental ballistic missile vapor trails.

Ignition Override
March 3, 2009, 12:29 AM
WL:
You had the right idea about buying a good bit.
Being new at all of this last winter, my goal was to buy a bit because of the upward trend of shipping costs and metal etc.

Internet gun/supply stores must be making a mint right now. Both the businesses and gun owners all knew when the election was to take place, but reading about the shopping frenzy gives me the strong impression that many did not know the date....or that one of 'them' could actually get elected (despite many clear indications since last spring).

flrfh213
March 3, 2009, 12:47 AM
i feel the same bout my hand guns..

W L Johnson
March 3, 2009, 08:37 AM
W L is the reason I paid > $1000 for my Bushmaster and had to go to 4 stores to find one. You bought them all and drove up prices!

Was in a local gun shop about two weeks ago and someone walked up to the counter and asked if they had any colt AR's in, the clerk replied that they just got three in, the man then replied "I'll take them" . :what: He didn't even ask about the price. That's what driving the cost up.

BlacklabelOP
March 3, 2009, 08:41 AM
this thread needs more .308 and 12 guage!

but nice collection.

W L Johnson
March 3, 2009, 08:44 AM
Thanks

P.S. The two on the right are 308.

Storm
March 3, 2009, 09:55 AM
Don't sell any of them! I sold one of my three, but it was a Tuber, so who could blame me? :o

W L Johnson
March 3, 2009, 10:34 AM
I'm not selling any of them. (The AR's at least) :cool:

Now I do have an Hakim 8mm for sale.

CoRoMo
March 3, 2009, 11:13 AM
Nice, colorful, padded floor there.:p

Nice collection too.

If you enjoyed reading about "That's it, I'm broke." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!