WOW, Delaware is bad news!

PDA

ThrottleJockey
March 1, 2009, 10:49 PM
"Delaware State Police stopped Alvina Vansickle from purchasing a .22-caliber pistol for self-defense because she was too old and a woman, said Superintendent Col. Thomas MacLeish. The outrage that followed led to the revelation that Delaware State Police had been keeping lists of gun buyers for years; state law requires them to destroy these records after 60 days."
http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/InTheNews.aspx?ID=11737

If you enjoyed reading about "WOW, Delaware is bad news!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hungry Seagull
March 1, 2009, 10:56 PM
Busted link 404 error, no good.

X-Rap
March 1, 2009, 11:00 PM
Thats Uncle Joes home state. Imagine that.

ThrottleJockey
March 1, 2009, 11:00 PM
Just checked, it takes me there. It is just a link to the nraila page. Doesn't say any more than I posted.

rbernie
March 1, 2009, 11:02 PM
The original Delaware Online article linked from the NRA-ILA page is dead. However, there was a lively discussion here when the story broke - perhaps the search engine would prive useful if y'all want to dig into this mo' deeply.

ETA - found it:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=402808

Hungry Seagull
March 1, 2009, 11:02 PM
There is a link to that page which works, the story link that THEY posted does not work. Anyway for me. Sorry.

heron
March 1, 2009, 11:52 PM
He was concerned that never having bought a gun before, why would she want one now, at 81?"Maybe because she didn't think she could swing a cast-iron skillet with the same old authority any more.

Hugo
March 2, 2009, 12:33 AM
Hope she sues the hell out of them. It sucks but its the only way to get their attention and make the public aware of the problem. Plus shame the crappy state govt into being sane and reasonable and get peoples rights back.

If you enjoyed reading about "WOW, Delaware is bad news!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!