What is mid-term price trend for cheap .22 ammo?

PDA

Ignition Override
March 2, 2009, 03:33 AM
Just curious, because Walmart quickly sells out and a Bass Pro was out of bulk 'bricks' of basic Remington.

Maybe this was just a unique coincidence at Bass Pro in Memphis/Bartlett days ago? :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "What is mid-term price trend for cheap .22 ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Davek1977
March 2, 2009, 07:26 AM
I guess I don't fully understand your question, but at my local Walmart, Remington, Federal, and Winchester "bulk packs" of 550 rounds average around 15 bucks, and seem to be about the best deal going for "cheap" .22 ammo. Just don't expect matchgrade accuracy opr reliability with this ammo, and FWIW, I've found the Federal to be the cosistently best shooter in the majority of my .22 firearms.

colorado_handgunner
March 2, 2009, 08:23 AM
Agreed, bulk pack Federal is the best of the bulk. Here in Denver it is about $17, but everything is a little more expensive out here.

Ignition Override
March 2, 2009, 11:36 AM
Thanks.

Maybe there just appeared to be, instead of a search for discounts, a panic run on any bulk boxes of this.

If you enjoyed reading about "What is mid-term price trend for cheap .22 ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!