7.62x39 Wolf

PDA

Timradcliffe345
March 2, 2009, 04:56 PM
Who's selling this ammo? Did they stop making it/importing it? Seems impossible to find. Why is it so hard to find ammunition in general?

If you enjoyed reading about "7.62x39 Wolf" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
indoorsoccerfrea
March 2, 2009, 05:02 PM
im guessing it is so hard to find because it is just about the cheapest ammo out there. with all of the new gun owners or people stocking up on ammo, they're going for quantity, not quality.

wally
March 2, 2009, 05:24 PM
As far as AK ammo goes, its pretty good quality. I get better groups with Wolf 7.62x39 in my AR than I get with Wolf 5.56 in my AR.

Other brands of AK ammo in my 7.62 AR don't do significantly better.

--wally.

TMM
March 2, 2009, 05:28 PM
i think it's the obama-mania. people are worried about losing rights/access to firearms/ammo, etc...

i would know. i bought a case of x39 the other day. now i need to buy a gun to put it in...:(

TMM

Timradcliffe345
March 2, 2009, 05:29 PM
i think it's the obama-mania. people are worried about losing rights/access to firearms/ammo, etc...

i would know. i bought a case of x39 the other day. now i need to buy a gun to put it in...

TMM

Where did you purchase the case? Thanks.

Handgunner
March 2, 2009, 05:32 PM
Psssssssssssssttttttttt

http://www.classicarms.us/index.html

:D

shotgunjoel
March 2, 2009, 05:32 PM
Ammo is hard to find because this guy and a bunch of his friends got elected this last November. So since then everyone has been buying guns and ammo at a huge rate. So 7.62x39 being for a gun likely to be banned, plus Wolf ammo is good, cheap ammo. That's why.

sectional_density
March 2, 2009, 06:32 PM
Ammo is hard to find because this guy and a bunch of his friends got elected this last November. So since then everyone has been buying guns and ammo at a huge rate.

I think the ammo and gun buying spree might also have something to do with the fact that we're entering the Great Depression part II.

rangerruck
March 2, 2009, 09:38 PM
Check our homies at Ammunitiontogo.com, they either have it, or are about to have it, when it comes to Wolf/silver bear/brown bear/ monarch/barnaul/Tc.

betteryouthanme
March 2, 2009, 09:43 PM
That stuff really smells terrible when it burns though.

lionking
March 2, 2009, 11:06 PM
What I wonder is why those who say "I bought 7000 rounds and am stashing it,won't shoot it just in case".Just in case what?So Obama has already made you not shoot anymore?

And then there are the guys that go bam bam bam!! as fast as they can squeeze off 30 rounds,and hit the next guys target as much as the one they were pointing at,and think that makes them tactically trained to take on the UN troops when they arrive.

Acheron
March 3, 2009, 12:55 AM
+1 on Ammunitiontogo.com

They have good deals, great selection, and great customer service. I get most of my ammo from them.

P.S. Go with Brown/Silver Bear over Wolf...it's a little cheaper (usually) and runs better in my experience.

W.E.G.
March 3, 2009, 01:27 AM
That stuff really smells terrible when it burns though.

...smells like victory! :cool:

Ignition Override
March 3, 2009, 02:11 AM
How about ammo shipping prices?

Have never looked at .22 online before last night, and some major seller quoted about $15 for the shipping price.
Does that look like a "tourist price" shipping charge for ammo that costs about $30 for 500 rounds? If so, I refuse to pay scalping rates.

As the economy goes further downhill, there will be better ammo/gun deals this summer. But the news about jobs could be worse.
Fedex shipping by air is now down about 25% (US, Pac. Rim etc) by weight.
Two Fedex pilots I know constantly see this on their "weight and balance" or "load data" forms during preflight.

61chalk
March 3, 2009, 02:42 PM
I saw somewhere where wolf, though cheap was actually one of the best in 7.62x39mm, I just shot a box an did fine...If you have a Big R store nearby they should have it by boxes of 20rds. Also I hear Big R is going to be an authorized Glock dealer....for those who like the Glock.

If you enjoyed reading about "7.62x39 Wolf" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!