Springfield armory 18" guns

PDA

sprice
March 2, 2009, 07:24 PM
Whats different and whats better? socom 16, socom II, or Scout squad? Or plain loaded or standard?

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield armory 18" guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LemmyCaution
March 2, 2009, 07:41 PM
The SOCOMs are both 16" barrels. Only the Scout/Squad is 18.5." The standard and loaded are 22."

That said, I prefer the S/S. I believe the 16" barrel loses too much velocity, and creates to much muzzle blast. I also prefer the 18.5" barrel over the 22", as the terrain where I live is suited to a shorter rifle. I'm also kind of short and skinny, so I wanted to shave some weight off the rifle.

DocBoCook
March 2, 2009, 08:29 PM
I'd take the S/S also, also, VA requires 18" barrel length so the SOCOMs would be illegal here. check your local laws

chuckd1277
March 2, 2009, 09:15 PM
I am in the market for one and I am leaning towards the Scout. Seems like they are all hard to find now.

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield armory 18" guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!