HD Pistol will accept Light/Laser combo

PDA

jwalker497
March 2, 2009, 11:02 PM
I am looking for a HD Pistol that will accept a Laser/Light Combo in either 40 S&W or 45acp. I would prefer the gun to be stainless frame but would consider an all black. Other important factors are reliability and price. The pistol must accept a light/laser combo like the TLR2.

So far I have considered the Glock 21 or 22 not crazy about Glock's look or feel but it's very reasonable and reliable. I don't know which would be better for HD the 40 or 45. The options so far is a Sig 229 stainless elite. I like the look of Sig much more, however, it's quite a bit more expensive and only available in 40, not 45.

Do you have any other reccomendations. Again, the Light/Laser is a must as I view them as important additions to the HD scenario.

EDIT - Also needs to have Tritium Night Sights.

If you enjoyed reading about "HD Pistol will accept Light/Laser combo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
chuckusaret
March 2, 2009, 11:04 PM
Springfield Armory XD40 subcompact, stainless or black at about $500, or the XD(M).
I disagree on the laser/light, best to offset you as the target by using a hand held light at arms length.

Hungry Seagull
March 2, 2009, 11:16 PM
First you need to have a short rail to mount something like that to the gun itself.

Or have a handgrips generate the laser to one side.

There are a variety of mounts availible for handguns.

My weapon is the M&P .45 and it has a Pict rail under the front. I can put a Procyon Insight under there and go with it. The problem complicates holster use. That big light will interfere with the Uncle Mikes Holster I use for that gun.

Good luck.

skwab
March 2, 2009, 11:20 PM
If you like the idea of the glock but not the look or feel take a look at the M&P - nice ergos, though I'm not opposed to Glocks at all, but the M&Ps are great - I have a full size .40 and a compact 9mm - both accept light / rail combos - a little easier on the wallet than the sig - not a single failure with either.

jwalker497
March 2, 2009, 11:26 PM
Not worried about carry, this is for HD only. No carry.

Kitt
March 2, 2009, 11:45 PM
This is my ***Star Wars*** Glock 20 10mm with a 17 rd mag, red dot scope, 6'' KKM barrel and Insight M/6 Laser/Light...I have polished the internals and it has a good trigger. I can shot 1'' groups @ 60 yards with no problemo! I load it with Hornady 200 gr. XTP/JHP...Life is good.
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo130/LWKITT/IM000540.jpg

jwalker497
March 3, 2009, 12:11 AM
I should Add that I would like a supressor to be able to be attached in the future, that's another factor that I forgot to mention. What are my options now??

Hungry Seagull
March 3, 2009, 01:16 AM
Kitt, forgive my ignorance, I dont see a eject path for your ammunition at the action with all that stuff holding up the red dot. Unless the entire slide goes back past the supports.

Zach S
March 3, 2009, 09:10 AM
Nevermind. I've managed to confuse myself.

Grayrider
March 3, 2009, 10:28 AM
G21. I set mine up in a HD only configuration basically, with mag well and extended capacity magazine. Added an extended mag catch and had my smith bring the trigger down to a crisp, clean 3 lbs or so. To bulky to carry other than OWB for me, but it does not matter in the house. I keep a light on it and it has fiber optic sights. At inside your house ranges the sights are not really needed as I point shoot fairly well. It meets your standards and is not too pricey.

John

LoneCoon
March 3, 2009, 10:36 AM
I know I'm going to get crucified for even suggesting it, but Hi-Point does have a laser/light combo on it's 45's.

Edit: Didn't see that you wanted an eventual suppressor. Never mind.

sohcgt2
March 3, 2009, 11:26 AM
Kitt, forgive my ignorance, I dont see a eject path for your ammunition at the action with all that stuff holding up the red dot. Unless the entire slide goes back past the supports.

The slide/bolt moves to rear the barrel stays where it is relative to the frame and all the accessories mounted on the frame.

sohcgt2
March 3, 2009, 11:48 AM

Here are a couple of pictures of my carry the laser is automatic, it comes on every time you grip the gun to fire and it has an accessory rail to mount a light if you want to. I still have mixed feelings about mounting a light. I think its better to have a small handheld light.

CoRoMo
March 3, 2009, 02:05 PM
Wow! I've recommended the XD45 on several threads today. I'll do it again.

I got an XD45 5" Tactical 13+1rd to backup the HD long guns.
$499 out the door, NIB.

gglass
March 3, 2009, 06:54 PM
Now this is a home defense firearm!

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3115/mp357r8loadedrm1.jpg

chuckusaret
March 4, 2009, 09:04 PM
Gee, I take it you guys have never been envolved in a HD/SD situation. The guns or taken for evidence and are normaly kept from months to years. Can you just guess how rusty the S&W revolver would be after a year or two in a evidence room.

Kitt
March 4, 2009, 09:39 PM
Here is a Glock 29 (on the bottom) with trigger job, KKM barrel and Insight M/6 ..If you want to add the suppressor just get the threaded barrel from KKM, Storm Lake, ect... and you are ready to go.
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo130/LWKITT/IM000370a.jpg

possum
March 5, 2009, 03:25 AM
any that you listed would serve you well, my hd gun is a sa xd service model in .40s&w with weapon mounted light. over 12,000rds and still going strong.

Magnus1959
March 5, 2009, 05:00 AM
http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq90/Magnus2131/fenixglock.jpg?t=1236243558

If you enjoyed reading about "HD Pistol will accept Light/Laser combo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!