Suppressors and moving...

PDA

SudSlinger
March 2, 2009, 10:19 PM
I am Considering buying a suppressor for my M4gery. I currently reside in Louisiana. Within two years I expect to move to either PA or FL. How much of a pain will this be? Legally, am I allowed to be in possession of the suppressor after the move? What if it isn't attached?

If you enjoyed reading about "Suppressors and moving..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zak Smith
March 2, 2009, 10:51 PM
If it is legal in the destination state and there are no other local encumbrances, I believe all you must do is notify the ATF via one of their forms.

Quiet
March 2, 2009, 10:53 PM
PA and FL both allow ownership of noise suppressors.

Check with those state's laws to see if there are additional requirements for ownership.

There is no form for transporting a noise suppressor or an AOW across state lines.
If it is legal to own in the state you are going to, you can take it with you.

However, permission is needed from the BATFE, prior to transporting a DD, MG, SBR or SBS across state lines.
You submit an ATF Form 5320.20 (http://www.atf.gov/forms/pdfs/f532020.pdf) to request permission to do so.

If you enjoyed reading about "Suppressors and moving..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!