LWRC - anyone have one?

PDA

sgtdevildog
March 3, 2009, 07:06 AM
Am waiting my M6A2 in 6.8 - should be in the next day or two. Will be primarily range weapon and possible hunting down the road. The accessory cost is going to be interesting. Optic choice will be interesting as I'm town between an ACOG and a 1x4 variable scope. Given my aging eyes and gun use I'm thinking a variable scope - any suggestions? Looking forward to the new hobby. Will post pics soon. Thanks for any help/advice.

If you enjoyed reading about "LWRC - anyone have one?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bailey Guns
March 3, 2009, 09:22 AM
I've owned an LWRC 6.8 M6 for well over a year now. Top quality IMO. Fit and function is flawless. I've never shot it for any type of accuracy but I've done a lot of up close stuff with an EoTech...works great. I'm very pleased with it.

sgtdevildog
March 3, 2009, 10:08 AM
I think the reality is I'll be using the rifle more for range/hunting in the 100 - 200 yard work. I don't think my eyes are good enough for an eotech at those ranges. I guess I could always add a magnified, but that seems to just be adding to the complication of things.

Sweden
March 3, 2009, 11:43 AM
I own three LWRC SBR's (and soon to be a forth). I can't comment on the hunting aspect, as less than 16" is prohibited for hunting here. Having said that, I have found every LWRC I've shot to be very accurate. No reason a 6.8 couldn't drop an elk if you stayed with 150 yrds or so. If you expect to be shooting longer than 75 yrds, I'd recommend an ACOG, TA33-8 specifically. It's 'only' x3 magnification, but is lite weight, provides good eye relief and great glass. If you plan on lots of 25-200 yrd shots the 1-4 might be better suited.

If you enjoyed reading about "LWRC - anyone have one?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!