Marlin Camp 9 cleaning

PDA

lanternlad1
March 3, 2009, 03:16 PM
I know that it isn't advisable to use some cleaning agents in a Camp 9/45 because of the plastic parts possibly melting, so my question is, which cleaner do I use? I usually use Gun Scrubber, which is a big no-no in these guns, but Gun Scrubber DOES make a plastic-safe version for Glocks and such, would this be a good one to use?

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin Camp 9 cleaning" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
R.W.Dale
March 3, 2009, 03:23 PM
conveniently all the plastic bits come off the rifle in one unit. Here's how I cleaned mine

after disassembly I would hose out the action and bolt with brake parts cleaner and re oil.

the plastic and trigger group would get cleaned the old fashioned way with q-tips rage and Nitro solvent

reassemble shoot and rejoyce

OH and BTW always remove and inspect the recoil buffer

Marlin 45 carbine
March 3, 2009, 08:07 PM
soak or brush on it in kerosene - works great. then I use a small bristle paint brush and old toothbrush to scrub then rinse w/more kero. and dry of course and re-lube.
I have both the 9mm Para nd .45acp Camps - good carbines.

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin Camp 9 cleaning" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!