Happy Days Again

PDA

Tomahawk
March 3, 2009, 06:51 PM
My first hunting rifle was a Marlin .30-.30 lever action. When I was 13 it was stolen from our home. A week ago I got a call from the Sheriff's Dept. where I grew up. My rifle along with a good amount of other guns were recovered from a house 3 streets over from our old house. The owner had passed away and his daughter was looking around the house. This guy had kept a list of which guns were stolen and which ones were purchased! We drove to TN and got my rifle back! Looks worn but shoots well. Can't wait to shoot it more.

If you enjoyed reading about "Happy Days Again" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sarduy
March 3, 2009, 06:54 PM
Happy Ending Story!

kendradad
March 3, 2009, 06:59 PM
Great news, gotta love it. :D

Spyvie
March 3, 2009, 07:19 PM
Wow, that's a cool story!

How long ago was it stolen?

Encoreman
March 3, 2009, 07:19 PM
How long ago was it stolen? Well worth the trip glad that you got your red ryder back. There were so many of us using 30-30's at one deer club we almost named it the Red Ryder club.

351 WINCHESTER
March 3, 2009, 07:37 PM
Back in 1974 someone broke into my truck and stole a s & w 27 with an 8 3/8" bbl., a lined safariland holster and a ruger mk1 .22 pistol and my cb radio. I figure they broke into the truck to get my cb and found my guns. I filed a police report, but living in the bold new city of the south I figured if it ever showed up it probably would be "confisicated".

Tomahawk
March 5, 2009, 06:47 PM
Took my recovered Marlin out yesterday and really enjoyed shooting it even though .30-.30 rounds are expensive. Must've shot 80 rounds. I had a great time, the memories it brought back. Just a great day.

C-grunt
March 5, 2009, 07:13 PM
When was it stolen?

Big Bill
March 5, 2009, 09:25 PM
I hope the guy that stole it went to HELL!!! There's nothin worse than a damned thief!

Maddogkiller
March 6, 2009, 01:24 AM
I was recently reunited with a 1911 that was stolen from me almost 10 yrs ago. Congrats on getting your old friend back.

SwampWolf
March 6, 2009, 06:31 PM
He differentiated and inventoried his stolen property! I've heard it all now. By the way, which party did he hold office for?

husker
March 6, 2009, 07:37 PM
thats unbelievable that some one would keep such records. been their to. my pops mohawk was stolen out of his locker on a national gaurd camp in ashland nebraska. if it wouldnt of been for me at the age of 8 and bugging him to let me see it he wouldnt of known for months that it was gone. as it turned out one of his men thought to them selves if i was going to steal roberts gun i would have to hide it somewhere till next drill weakened. so he went out side dads shop to the scrap iron pile and their it was under some old angel iron. it sat out side for 2 weeks in a sheep lined gun case. it was rusted bad.but the smith did a nice job and its the pride of my collection. happy happy days indeed

Tomahawk
March 6, 2009, 08:25 PM
My rifle was taken in 1984. I 'm looking at it now and still cannot believe I have it back. Seems other folks have got some property back that has been recovered. At least the relatives of the old coot seem to be doing the right thing.

husker
March 6, 2009, 08:46 PM
mam i fell sorry for the children of this man. how embarrassing it must be for them. on the other side of it happy for you big time.NOW LETS SEE SOME PICS OF IT

If you enjoyed reading about "Happy Days Again" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!