Looking to buy a gun safe

PDA

SavageMOA
March 4, 2009, 11:19 PM
Just like the title says. I need a rifle safe since I'm moving into a new house soon. It needs at least a fair degree of fire protection.

Can anyone give me some words of advice about gunsafes?

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking to buy a gun safe" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cuervo
March 4, 2009, 11:40 PM
Maybe I can be the first....

Do a search for "RSC" and read the many posts that pop up.

edit: Wow, I was the first. When you do your search, be sure to read the posts by a1abdj and CB900F. While an RSC is not a safe, both are usually discussed in the same threads.

ComradeBurg
March 5, 2009, 12:52 AM
I have a safe made by Cannon that I'm quite fond of. Take a look into them.

They have good fire protection and a really good warranty to boot (if something happens to it they replace it free of charge).

Geneseo1911
March 5, 2009, 12:14 PM
Do a search for "RSC" and read the many posts that pop up

be sure to read the posts by a1abdj and CB900F

+1 You will learn enough from this to make an informed decision. The mods should really make a sticky saying just that, because this question gets asked at least 4x a month. Nothing against you, Savage; when I was looking for a safe I had a hard time finding info, too until I figured out to search for "RSC" and not "safe". You could also just find A1 & CB in the member list and go through their posts. A1 especially posts here most often about safes.

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking to buy a gun safe" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!