Pachmayr Gripper vs Gripper Decelerator?

PDA

valnar
October 5, 2003, 09:19 PM
So I need better grips to help with recoil on my .357 Magnum. I want something that covers the backstrap and led me to Pachmayr.

What is the difference between the Decelerator model and non-Decelerator Gripper model? Unless I am missing a negative here, it sounds like a no brainer to get the Decelerator version. Is there a downside?

-Robert

If you enjoyed reading about "Pachmayr Gripper vs Gripper Decelerator?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
B27
October 6, 2003, 01:31 AM
Both have thin cross sections. You might want to consider a set of Pachmayr Presentation grips instead.

http://www.fototime.com/3793648F772339A/standard.jpg

:)

Preacherman
October 6, 2003, 12:01 PM
The Decelerator is made of a much softer rubber compound than the standard Gripper. This means that it significantly reduces felt recoil: but, on the other hand, it's more "grippy" than the standard Gripper, which means that if you want to conceal it under a shirt or jacket, the covering material will stick on the Decelerator and show its presence. Great for general shooting and recoil absorbtion: not so great for CCW.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pachmayr Gripper vs Gripper Decelerator?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!