Safe info sticky?

PDA

Geneseo1911
March 5, 2009, 11:22 AM
Hmm....it's Thurs. so I'll start by saying, "good job keeping the board clean mods!" Seriously, this is my favorite forum because it's clean, no profanity, no nudity, just calm discussion.

To the point.....the "I need a safe" thread seems to pop up about once a week. I will also point out that searching for safe info is tough until you know to search for "rsc" instead of "safe". Perhaps we should have a sticky with instructions on what to search for and links to posts from our resident safe experts. Maybe those guys would also be willing to put together a couple posts about what to look for, etc., then we could lock the darn thing so the Cannon and Liberty people don't start flaming A1 & CB and each other.

Just a thought.

If you enjoyed reading about "Safe info sticky?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
March 5, 2009, 11:14 PM
Not a bad idea!

Let's hope someone reads the stickie.:rolleyes:

Where should it be placed? Gen or Tech?

Geneseo1911
March 6, 2009, 08:09 AM
My suggestion would be general, as more people would be likely to see it there. The ones asking the safe questions usually haven't been around that long, and I'd be surprised if they dug around that much. (No offense to anyone; when I started out here, I jumped right in, too.)

Justin
March 6, 2009, 12:26 PM
This is actually a pretty good idea, as I've given some thought to how to handle the safe, RSC threads in the past.

Hungry Seagull
March 6, 2009, 12:31 PM
I dont know, but our recent safe experience was less than stellar. Walmart safes are not. Even if you managed to carry one home without hurting yourself, those plastic combination wheels lock pernamently on you the second time you try it.

There was a safe provider in our area who had all manner of safes. We were able to select one with more than one way to access the contents inside.

I believe that gun safes, pistol safes, ammo storage safes and safe-safes (har har har) information can be useful as a sticky to guide others who may be contemplating a safe way to resolve the safe problem that can be quite weighty and fraught with complications LOL.

Oh yes, dont forget to ask the doctor for some versed by needle so you can inject the delivery boys so they can forget all about that safe they delivered and where.

The mods can always "LOCK" the sticky.

:cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Safe info sticky?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!