Latest Budget AR Mod

PDA

doc540
March 5, 2009, 08:54 PM
finally found some Magpul P-mag's

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/doc540/Guns/AR15/Bushmaster%20A2S/BushmasterLaser001-1-1.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Latest Budget AR Mod" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gvnwst
March 5, 2009, 08:55 PM
Great "mod"!:neener::p:D
Sooo....where you find them?

doc540
March 5, 2009, 08:59 PM
http://noveskerifleworks.com/

I think their restocked supply lasted all of a day and a half.:neener:

MT GUNNY
March 5, 2009, 09:13 PM
Let me say that Bushnell is one Good Purchase also. It is Unbelievably Reliable. As a matter of fact when I get a Acog to replace it, I will install the Bushnell on my WASR10.

doc540
March 5, 2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks, Gunny, especially at $50.;)

Eschaton
March 5, 2009, 09:27 PM
PMAGs are the absolute best.

I have 7 or 8 and love them.

JonB
March 5, 2009, 09:30 PM
Where did you get the 'cheek riser' thingy on the stock? I like it.

cibach
March 5, 2009, 09:52 PM
very nice

doc540
March 5, 2009, 09:57 PM
"Where did you get the 'cheek riser' thingy on the stock? I like it."

They come in a two pack with two different heights to match your optics height.

$20...like I said, "budget". :)

Here's one of many places that carry them:
http://www.lg-outdoors.com/proddetail.asp?prod=51189

JonB
March 5, 2009, 10:02 PM
thanks doc - I'll check it out. Does it work to get a better cheek weld? Or just a nice way to drop a 20 on something not really needed? On your AR with the carry handle I can see it working well. On a flat top, maybe not so much.

doc540
March 5, 2009, 10:04 PM
Yes, A2 handle-mounted optics need a higher cheek rest, and this one fits the bill perfectly.

On my budget there ain't no frills and bling on that gun.;)

I'm spending whatever extra money I make on ammo.

Killermonkey21
March 6, 2009, 12:35 AM
I'm assuming you cannot use your iron sights while in that configuration? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

But in any case, a very nice build.

If I may ask, what was the final tally? I really need to consider building my own soon.

RockyMtnTactical
March 6, 2009, 12:59 AM
The PMAG's are excellent!

doc540
March 6, 2009, 11:27 AM
"I'm assuming you cannot use your iron sights while in that configuration? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
But in any case, a very nice build.
If I may ask, what was the final tally? I really need to consider building my own soon."

Correct, with the high cheek rest, I can't see the irons although the mount has a tunnel for them. And the cheek rest can be removed with just a yank. The kit somes with 2 rests, one lower than the one shown.

Or course, even with my corrected vision I'm unable to use the irons anyway, thus the red dot.

Hard to say what I have in it since I got a great deal on the basic gun, and I've swapped, traded, ebay'ed, and budget shopped nearly all the accessories.

Retail for the mod's so far is only about $500 (including shipping):

butt pad
cheek riser
trigger pin anti-walk kit
Bill Springfield trigger job
Leupold handle rail
Bushnell Trophy red dot
P-Mag
handguard lower rail
rail covers
shorty vertical grip
green laser

About all I have left to do is GG&G sling mounts and sling.
(If I ran across a super deal I might put a 4 rail handguard on it, but the factory one works just fine with the single, lower rail.)

Then bring on the post-hurricane zombies!:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Latest Budget AR Mod" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!