Savage 10FP question

PDA

advantage1one
March 6, 2009, 09:58 AM
I have a new, never been fired Savage 10FP in .308. I have cleaned the bolt and the area it travels in but it seems to be "sticky" and doesn't move smoothly. Should I use lube on the outside of the bolt, maybe a little Slide Glide, CLP, or oil? Also when the bolt is all the way rearward, there is quite a bit of wobble when gently moved from side to side. Is this normal as well? Thanks for any input and much appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage 10FP question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Schleprok62
March 6, 2009, 10:02 AM
It sounds like a new gun to me...

The bolt will free up with use and time. (i.e. - be less "sticky) I would lube normally and avoid the use of grease... but that's me...

As for the "wobble" my Stevens 200 is the same way. But it locks up just fine...

Gunfighter123
March 6, 2009, 10:04 AM
Hello,
I have three 10FPs and they all have the "bolt wobble" that yours has --- nothing to be concerned about.
Yes --- lube the outside of the bolt -- can't hurt anything -- also make sure to lube the two lugs on the bolt and the "raceway" where they ride in the receiver.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage 10FP question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!