shot a ps90 today (sort of)

PDA

sixgun_grunt
March 6, 2009, 04:38 PM
went out with some friends for a session at the range today and got talking to a guy with a FN PS90, he offered to let me take a few shots with it so i did,,,, i took one shot with it and it failed to eject, he then took 2 shots and the same thing happened, after a few more times of this he put it away and said he was gonna take it to his smith, anybody have any expierience with one of these ? are they reliable ? seemed a little goofy holding it but definetly had the cool factor.

If you enjoyed reading about "shot a ps90 today (sort of)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mbt2001
March 6, 2009, 04:59 PM
9 times out of ten, failure to eject are mag issues, sometimes ejectors... In the case of a PS90, I have 0 idea what would be the issue.

I want one though.

They should be reliable, but the owner may not have kept the gun clean, took it out and shot it right out of the box, not cleaned properly and it has some gunk issues... Who knows.

CapnMac
March 6, 2009, 05:08 PM
I want one though

Me too, but i really want an SBR if I do <sigh>.

nwilliams
March 6, 2009, 06:10 PM
I have a couple hundred rounds through mine and it hasn't had a single issue yet.

Personally I wouldn't take a PS90 to a gunsmith, I would send it back to FN for diagnosis and repairs. If there is a problem with the gun they will most likely fix it at no cost and pay for shipping as well.

TexasRifleman
March 6, 2009, 06:24 PM
Yeah that needs to be a warranty thing for sure. Mine has hundreds of rounds through it without any malfunctions of any kind, ammo or gun related.

Wonder if it was reloads?

GTFord1
March 6, 2009, 06:28 PM
I've got a PS90, and I haven't yet had a single failure of any kind.

If you enjoyed reading about "shot a ps90 today (sort of)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!