hk jams

PDA

wakdt
March 7, 2009, 04:30 PM
i just bought an hk 40 usp, and i recently put 150 rounds of blazer brass no problems but i just bougt some blazer 180 grain aluminum and I had atleast 7 jams do u think it is the gun or the amunition.
please give me some advise i'm really upset.
This is a new gun and i was told that is one of the best.
I was also told that it was probably the amunition but the guy that told me that was'nt formilar with hk so he advised me to mention it here.

If you enjoyed reading about "hk jams" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jason_G
March 7, 2009, 04:43 PM
What types of jams are we talking about here? Did the fired cases fail to eject, or did the live ones fail to feed? If I had to guess, I would say your failures were ammo related, since it digested the brass cased stuff just fine. Keep trying out other ammo, see if the gun continues to run without issue, and if it does, then switch back to the Blazer aluminum to see if you get hiccups again. If so, then just don't buy anymore Blazer aluminum.

Jason

CPshooter
March 7, 2009, 07:11 PM
It's the aluminum crap you put through it. I had a Glock 19 that wouldn't eject aluminum-cased ammo reliably.

I've read a lot of posts around here with people having the same problem using the blazer aluminum ammo.

You did buy one of the best pistols out there. Use brass ammo and you should be fine.

7mmSTW
March 7, 2009, 11:32 PM
I've never once had a problem w/ blazer aluminium in my HK's...or Glock for that matter. My guess is run the better stuff for a while and try it again. Chances are you just need to break it in. Sometimes weaker ammo doesn't go well with new guns rated to shoot hot stuff. FWIW the only ammo I ever had give me any problems in my USP was some Wolf steel, the cases split inside the chamber...never finished that box of ammo.

badbadtz560
March 8, 2009, 03:01 AM
If they're stovepiping.. like the case is getting stuck in the slide, you might be limpwristing it and need to work on strengthening your fingers and wrists.

If the bullet won't fit into the chamber, the ammo is probably bad

It's an HK.. they're the best; why? b/c half the money u spend on them goes towards their marketing

I thought my sig sucked back when I bought it, but later realized that the grips were slightly big for my hand.

why did I think it sucked?

b/c I bought an hk45c and it shot straight. But a few hundred rounds later, I picked up my sig and it didn't jam anymore. It's b/c my wrists are tougher from practicing the .45. It still shoots to the left a bit for me though.. indicating that I could use a smaller grip

usmc1371
March 8, 2009, 05:41 AM
The only jams I have ever had in my usp 40 are one or two with blazer AND I have had atleast 5 wolf casses split and stop the pistol up real nice. And that was the only box of wolf I ever put through it. After a few thousand rounds mine pretty much shoots everything. Just no wolf ever again... in anything I own.

If you enjoyed reading about "hk jams" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!