primer hole

PDA

cajun 48
March 7, 2009, 08:29 PM
Was just depriming some 45acp(mixed brass) and noticed that on some the primer flash hole is larger on some brass than on others. Is this normal or or do I have some fubbed brass? aj b

If you enjoyed reading about "primer hole" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
March 7, 2009, 08:36 PM
Some .45 brass has the "large" flash hole. I used to segregate it, but not anymore.

ReloaderFred
March 7, 2009, 10:19 PM
Eventually, I believe all .45 brass will have the larger flash hole, since they've found that it doesn't make any noticable difference. Load it and shoot as normal.

Hope this helps.

Fred

jcwit
March 7, 2009, 11:14 PM
As I understand it the larger flash hole is used on the non toxic primers being used on some indoor ranges. I have some I've picked up and reloaded them with regular primers with no adverse effect.

I do seperate them from lot to lot in other words not mixing small hole reloaded with large hole, but frankly can't see the difference. I guess now you know how bad I shoot. lol

If you enjoyed reading about "primer hole" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!