Light strikes or bad ammo

PDA

flyerI
March 7, 2009, 09:40 PM
I got a new Rossi Handi-Rifle today (R223HB) and took it out for a little fun. I have several boxes of Winchester .223 that I have had around for maybe 3 years. The first three rounds did not fire, but the firing pin did strike the primer. The fourth round fired normal and out of a total of about 30 rounds approximately 8 did not fire. I have not fired a single round of .223 from my supply for a couple years and tomorrow I thought I would take the mini-14 out and put the remainder of the box through it along with a box from a different lot number in both guns.
Does anyone have any suggestions or similar experience that could get me pointed in the right direction?
BTW I really like the gun but would like to lighten the trigger pull a little. Any words of wisdom in this area would be appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Light strikes or bad ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Light strikes or bad ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!