Para Ordnances-Seeking Solutions Or Good Gunsmith

PDA

chiselchst
March 7, 2009, 11:05 PM
Does anyone know of a good Para Ord gunsmith? I have one that FTF sometimes...it's already been in for warranty work once, but isn't as reliable as it should be.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Para Ordnances-Seeking Solutions Or Good Gunsmith" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MICHAEL T
March 8, 2009, 12:46 AM
I had a Para that was also unrelieable even after warrenty work I traded and bought a Colt and never looked at another Para.
Unrelieable isn't uncommon I have found out.

jocko
March 8, 2009, 09:43 AM
shame, they seem like a nice gun to. I boughta Para carry 9 a few years back (new) and had to send it back 3 times and then it was still not reliable. It was one of the most accurate handguns I ever owned. The LDA trigger is IMO the best in thweworld. simply super, My alloy frame finsih started to chip off within the first 100 rounds and never got better.the gun which I never had in a holster looked 20 years old.

i really treid to love this gun, as it was just so dead nuts accurate for me, but I finaly had to sell it at a tremendous loss.

Some swear by the, some swear at them.

svtruth
March 8, 2009, 09:57 AM
is reliable. When I first got it, one of the mags was ng. A new mag has fixed that.
Good luck.

Grayrider
March 8, 2009, 11:02 AM
Contact Jeff Cockrum at C-Rums, LLC. He is an exceptional gunsmith, and can make a problem Para run. I know that from first hand experience.

http://www.c-rums.com/

Tell Jeff I sent you!

John

geronimo509
March 8, 2009, 05:00 PM
my para has been flawless right out of the box. It is also my most accurate handgun too.

Gunfighter123
March 8, 2009, 05:47 PM
There are a bunch of fine gunsmiths in your state --- do a web search for one that is close to you.

EDIT ---- I have three Paras and they all run 99.9% ---- what kind of FTF do you have ?? Is the recoil spring new or 1000s of rounds thru it ?? Check the tension on the extractor. And number/ID your mags -- does it FTF with every mag you have ?? Also, what kind of ammo ?? There could be more then one reason for your FTFs -- try to get a photo and post it.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/Jailbird123/Para-Ordnances-2.jpg

chiselchst
March 8, 2009, 09:53 PM
GF123 & Gray,

Thanks for the replies. I have not fired these weapons (ashamed to admit) in maybe 7 years, so I do not accurately recall exactly what the problems were/are.

But as I remember, they would fail to feed, with a cartidge partially entering the chamber, and a few stove pipes. Better after the gunsmithing, but not 99.5% reliable as I would expect.

I will fire them and report back with pics. I have many Hicap mags, and will cycle and rotate them (after marking them) and record the performance. Great idea, thanks...

Thanks for the info everyone, for the recco, and the feedback. I have emailed the person linked above. Much appreciated...

If you enjoyed reading about "Para Ordnances-Seeking Solutions Or Good Gunsmith" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!