Laugh of the day.... $250 .25acp LORCIN!!!

PDA

walker944
March 8, 2009, 12:07 PM
I guess Obama-mania has reach a level of total and complete absurdity!!

http://www.turners.com/shop/gundetail.php?id=6165

I'm sure the salesman's follow-up comment would be: "But it comes with two magazines!!" :rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "Laugh of the day.... $250 .25acp LORCIN!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JeffDilla
March 8, 2009, 12:27 PM
In my local classifieds I saw a used Hi Point 9mm for sale for the low low price of $350.

panther22
March 8, 2009, 12:36 PM
I have seen stuff like this at gun shows. The salesman's response is always, "They don't make them anymore".

22lr
March 8, 2009, 12:40 PM
LOL, I have a buddy who bought one for $90 and it looked just as good as that. He hates it but for $90 he just broke down and bought it. LOL it might shoot but ill take a Sigma for that price.

The Lone Haranguer
March 8, 2009, 03:19 PM
They just want to get the maximum yield for the customer who consigned it. :cool:

Ala Dan
March 8, 2009, 08:39 PM
Lorcin, Hi-Point, Ravens, and Bryco have NO product liability~! :uhoh:
Buy one if you want~:eek:

Phydeaux642
March 8, 2009, 08:47 PM
My mom has an AMT .380 Backup I need to sell for her at these prices.:evil:

Big Daddy Grim
March 8, 2009, 08:58 PM
The other day I saw a used Phoenix .22 for 200$ thought that was nuts.

Mastiff
March 8, 2009, 09:10 PM
The Hi-Point has a lifetime guarantee, for anyone who owns one. You don't have to be the first owner. I would feel adequately and safely armed with a Hi-Point, although it is hardly my first choice.

makarovnik
March 8, 2009, 09:27 PM
Ridiculous. Glad I stocked up well before the election.

JeffDilla
March 8, 2009, 10:09 PM
I'm not knocking Hi Point or anything, I've never shot one or seen one in person so I can't speak to their quality. It's just ridiculous to see a used one for $350 when you can buy a brand new one for ~$150. The sad thing is, I'm sure someone will buy it. Buyer beware.

chris in va
March 9, 2009, 12:54 AM
Yup, I saw a HiPoint 9mm for about $375 at a pawn shop a couple years ago. It was all I could do to keep from saying something.

broken
March 9, 2009, 10:33 AM
my brother and dad have new hi/points im just happy they have a handgun to start out on/home defense,they can upgrade,,they shoot fine,i started out on a lorcin .380,my brothers jhp.45 hi point was 169.00 and we went in a new gunshop/pawn shop over the weekend and 2 .45 hi points were 299.00 we about choked.

Supertac45
March 9, 2009, 06:50 PM
Junk is junk and my life is worth a real gun.

oneounceload
March 9, 2009, 06:58 PM
Junk is junk and my life is worth a real gun.

Or at least one that goes BANG EVERY time........

reddog7
March 9, 2009, 11:39 PM
The Lone Haranguer wrote
They just want to get the maximum yield for the customer who consigned it.
Actually, an ad like this one is meant to attract other sellers more than attract idiot buyers. The pawn shop doesn't care about selling this thing, they are just planting the seed in our heads that this kind of junk is worth a whole lot of cash.

Advertising doesn't always sell what we think they are advertising, and surveys are rarely designed to collect information.

broken
March 10, 2009, 10:21 AM
well like i said i aint got nothing against a hi point,seen hi doller guns jam all up but last night my dads best buddy wanted that c9 hi point so bad he traded my dad a s/w model 10 .38 special and the box,nice blueing ,2 sets grips and 28 hollowpoints,my dad gave him 2 100 pack wallyworld 9mm in with trade,now is that a deal or what..

gopguy
March 10, 2009, 11:18 AM
I was at a gun show in Lima Ohio last weekend. I saw used 9mm Hipoints selling for over $300. Beat Smith and Wesson M&P revolvers were pushing $500...Thank you Comrades Holder and Obama.

Yo Mama
March 10, 2009, 05:54 PM
Really, think about it. The Feminists should be pissed at the price of guns and ammo making battered women unable to defend themselves. They are disadvantaged, and could barely afford a 90$ Lorcin then and now can't leave their batterer.

jcwit
March 10, 2009, 06:32 PM
I noticed its from Southern California, tell ya anything?

kilo729
March 10, 2009, 09:37 PM
There's a gunshop near me that has prices like this, I don't know how he hasn't gone out of business. He's been trying to sell RRA lowers for 700 dollars! An Armalite M15 for 2k! Complete RRA LAR15 for 1.5k!

christcorp
June 2, 2009, 02:29 AM
I was actually tempted at a local gun shop. They have a Bryco Jennings 380 auto for $50. Sometimes you get lucky with a gun; even the jennings, amt, etc... of the world. And when you get lucky, it's usually a real good one. For $50 I am tempted. The only thing holding me back, is that 380 ammo is probably the hardest ammo to get at the decent prices it use to have.

2RCO
June 2, 2009, 02:44 AM
I once bought a Lorcin for $80 I later gave it to a friend that thought he could make it work properly. That was $80 that could have been used towards the purchase of a decent firearm.

As to HI Points other than having the ergonomics of a concrete block they go bang and are reliable guns. If it was all I could afford or find I'd trust one as a HD weapon.

GoodKat
June 2, 2009, 05:04 AM
Really, think about it. The Feminists should be pissed at the price of guns and ammo making battered women unable to defend themselves. They are disadvantaged, and could barely afford a 90$ Lorcin then and now can't leave their batterer.
I would expect most feminists to be pissed at you for calling them disadvantaged.

christcorp
June 2, 2009, 03:03 PM
2arco; the $80 or $50 in my situation is a relative price. Yes, the $50 could be put towards a "Decent" weapon. But $50 or $80 doesn't mean much to me. I won't light a match to it, but the money is very insignificant. And I have more than enough "Decent" weapons to take care of all my defensive needs. As well as my wife and children to all have some. It's simply a matter of getting a caliber that is too hard to find and way over priced compared to other calibers. Then that truly would be a waste of money to get that gun. Whether it worked fine or not. If 380 ammo wasn't outrageously priced and was available, I'd easily spend/waste/etc... $50 to see if I got luck. But with ammo the way it is, I'd be buying a door stop. I definitely don't need ANY gun on the market.

For the person who doesn't have the money to have numerous guns, and they are looking for that 1 self defense gun, I would suggest them getting a quality revolver. They shouldn't even be thinking about a semi-auto. Even a quality one. When you only have one gun to work with, you get the most reliable technology and manufacturer you can afford. You build beyond that.

Maelstrom
June 3, 2009, 08:42 AM
I would expect most feminists to be pissed at you for calling them disadvantaged.

And I would think they'd be pissed that you made the generalization that they'd be pissed.

No one ever accused feminists of being reasonable.

AirForceShooter
June 3, 2009, 09:44 AM
over priced is over priced.
You want how much for your AR?
Let me stop laughing.

AFS

jaysouth
June 3, 2009, 11:10 AM
Don't sneer at Lorcin. Here is a photo of my custom .380 just back from the Lorcin custom shop. It had a trigger/action job, custom sights, new match barrel, and refinished in gold plate.

Accuracy from a ransom rest at 50 meters is approx 2 meters. It can be disassembled and reassembled again and again with no extra parts left over.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/jaysouth/IM000421.jpg

(here in Nashville, any abberration can be explained away by simply saying that a guitar player was involved. This one "belonged to a guitar player", no further explaination needed!)

Confederate
June 3, 2009, 10:35 PM
It's one reasons I stopped going to gun shows. The best time is about an hour before the show shuts down. What's left often goes for more realistic prices. The downside of that is that all the good stuff tends to be gone.

Gun shows attract a lot of people who bid against each other for the good things. That means that you seldom find a great deal. These guys start high and then the price drops until someone goes for it.

If you want some good gun deals and have some money, the best way to do it is to crank up your printer and cut little strips of paper advertising your email, then distribute them in your neighborhood. Say you're looking for good second-hand guns and put your phone number or email address and have people send their offers there. I suspect that a lot of people have guns in their drawers or put up somewhere and keep thinking, "One of these days, I ought to get rid of that...."

Hard to believe, but true.

I'll bet it would work. There are lots of old people and people who have inherited guns.

StarDust1
June 4, 2009, 12:01 AM
Responding to the OP I saw the same pistol at the exact same price up at a gunshop(Bill's)in the Twin Cities. I purchased a Raven .25 auto back in the early 90's brand new for $65.00! Gander mountain is selling 9mm hollow point ammunition in boxes of twenty for as much as $60.00 per box!

cchris
June 4, 2009, 04:55 PM
Someone tried to sell me a Hi Point, telling me it was "very reliable". A friend of mine bought one, and he went through about 5 clips of 10 rounds each without a jam, and probably put 500 rounds through it. There were points where it would fire 4 or 5 out of 10 rounds.

Point of the story is, some kid traded him $300 worth of car parts and gave him $20 for the gun. $320 for a Hi Point that might fire once in a while. By the way, I'm not bashing the gun, but the kid that bought it couldn't take it apart to see the metal shavings from some of the parts grinding on other parts inside. Idiot...

If you enjoyed reading about "Laugh of the day.... $250 .25acp LORCIN!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!