Mag-n-port or...?

PDA

RedAlert
March 8, 2009, 03:19 PM
I have a new Kahr PM-40 and it has a very sharp recoil. In order to bring some control to the situation, I'm thinking about getting it mag-n-ported.

Are there any other forms of recoil porting and are they as effective as the Mag-n-port??

Mag-n-port lists the cost on their website as $140 plus shipping.

Ralph

If you enjoyed reading about "Mag-n-port or...?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jocko
March 8, 2009, 08:24 PM
love my PM9 with magna-port, as I do my G19 and My kahr k9 also.

Jason_G
March 8, 2009, 08:41 PM
I won't dare tell you what to do or don't do to your own pistol, but if it were me, I would find out what it would be like to shoot it from a retention position before porting my own.

Jason

jocko
March 8, 2009, 09:06 PM
I have shot my PM9 from retention position many hundreds of times, with zero effect. Now no doubt if you hold the damn thing under your nose,things will happen.

Lots of myths about ported guns IMO. but also they are not for everyone either. If in doubt don't do it, Me, I have no doubts, shot ported guns for 30 years, I have 18,900 rounds through my PM9 and stil lhave my hearing, sight, and oh yes my nose.. and my second shot is right there waiting on me to just pull the trigger to. I would certainly think on a kahr 40 cal, it would make a tremendous difference..

Jason_G
March 8, 2009, 09:15 PM
I have shot my PM9 from retention position many hundreds of times, with zero effect.
Well, there ya go.

Jason

azrael
March 8, 2009, 09:30 PM
I know there has been ALOT of internet postings about this very thing

yea you can get burned by the ports..This is common sense

however

My position has always been the same

if I have to blast some machete thug that close, me being burned a little isnt gonna bug me that much

I love ports and I even ported my own Keltec P32 just because I wanted to :) (yea its faster)

If you enjoyed reading about "Mag-n-port or...?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!