Air rifle price check?

PDA

wankerjake
March 8, 2009, 03:50 PM
Anybody bought an air rifle recently at wally worl or similar store? I'm talking the crossman brand, and I think there is a pumpmaster 760 or something like that. I had these when I was a kid, and I think I need one now. I am trying to get one used but I don't know what they go for new. I realize I could just go to Wal-Mart and look for myself but it is like 45min from my house one way and my computer is readily available inside my house, which is where I am and where I would like to remain. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Air rifle price check?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
husker
March 8, 2009, 04:27 PM
i think the one my brother bought at wall mart for xmas to hand to his boy was $35 what are you going to kill with it? tree rats, bunnys

wankerjake
March 8, 2009, 04:29 PM
I used to get lots of dove and quail, and I got a few cottontails. Maybe a tree rat, I don't recall.

husker
March 8, 2009, 04:34 PM
for a few more $ you can get a nice used marlin 60. 22 $50-75 should be more than enough

wankerjake
March 8, 2009, 04:51 PM
Indeed. I already have a ruger 10/22 that is my tree rat gun, but I don't think I could pass up a marlin model 60. I like them a lot, my buddy has one. The pellet gun is for shooting stuff in my yard.

lipadj46
March 8, 2009, 05:41 PM
The Ruger Air Hawk for $99 is decent and comes with a scope. Be warned modern super sonic pellet guns are nearly as loud as a .22. So if you need something quiet make sure it is under 1000 fps.

rangerruck
March 8, 2009, 09:23 PM
I agree with the ruger; alot of air rifle for 100 bucks. if not that, get a gammo, or anything that is single cock, break bbl, and try to find it in 22 cal.

wankerjake
March 9, 2009, 01:23 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I told my brother I wanted to buy one and it turns out he still has one, so he said he would give it to me! Should have talked to him first I guess.

If you enjoyed reading about "Air rifle price check?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!