Plenty of Mosants in Action

PDA

Speedo66
March 8, 2009, 11:31 PM
Just saw the movie "Defiance" with Daniel Craig.

It's about a group of Jewish partisans fighting the Germans in WWII Belaruse forests.

They were allied with the Russians, and aside from the many captured German MP40s, etc., every long gun appeared to be a Mosant.

So if you'd like to see them in action, you might want to see the movie.

In addition to that, not a bad movie.

If you enjoyed reading about "Plenty of Mosants in Action" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
chris in va
March 8, 2009, 11:32 PM
Mosin Nagant.

Too bad Daniel Craig is very anti-firearm.

Nero_Atrum
March 8, 2009, 11:32 PM
Do you mean Mosin Nagant or Mauser?

Nevermind, Chris answered the question.

Speedo66
March 9, 2009, 06:41 PM
I guess that's why I didn't buy one, I can't spell it. :p

Dan Crocker
March 9, 2009, 06:43 PM
Funny how the clown is anti gun when almost all of his roles involve using one. Seems somewhat hypocritical?

Speedo66
March 9, 2009, 06:50 PM
What makes him different than almost all of Hollywood?

Most violent pictures in the world, but almost all actors, directors, etc. anti-gun.

Cannonball888
March 9, 2009, 06:59 PM
Mosin Nagant = Mosant

Works for me. ;)

Gelgoog
March 9, 2009, 08:21 PM
so did the jews in this movie get slaughtered when they didnt have the strength to cycle the mosin bolt? :D

rmuzz
March 9, 2009, 08:42 PM
I have to admit I do sometimes get excited watching movies or tv and seeing a firearm design that I admire, but get worried that I'll come off as too "hollywood" posting around about it. Glad someone else broke the ice!

I was watching an old Alfred Hitchcock movie last night, "The Disappearing Lady.' It was a really kind of weird movie that had a lot of psycological twists and not tons of action... definately not an action flick, but there was a cool shoot out involving a FN1900 that I thought was kind of cool, brief but a nice cameo. I have also been trying to find "Enemy at the Gates" on dvd, but without success... I've got a copy on vhs, but I no longer own a tape machine. :banghead: Loved that movie... lots of Mosin Nagants there.

For the record movies with gratuitous violence do not have much appeal to me... I found the Matrix to be highly disturbing, I don't give movie theatres my money to watch trash so I guess I dont really have anything made in the last 10 years to put on that list!

And yeah there are several famous actors and actresses out there that are anti gun... I dont stop watching their movies until they join a cult though.

Olympus
March 9, 2009, 10:48 PM
There were a lot of good rifles in action in that movie. I spent the majority of the movie looking at the guns.

What was the automatic gun that the younger brother was using toward the end?

Speedo66
March 10, 2009, 12:49 PM
"So did the Jews in this movie get slaughtered when they didn't have the strength to cycle the mosin bolt?"

No, they seemed to do fine, and killed many Germans.

Gelgoog
March 10, 2009, 01:29 PM
maybe they got finnish mosins then :)

lechiffre
March 10, 2009, 01:34 PM
I was watching an old Alfred Hitchcock movie last night, "The Disappearing Lady.'

the lady vanishes ?

alistaire
March 10, 2009, 01:42 PM
so did the jews in this movie get slaughtered when they didnt have the strength to cycle the mosin bolt?
No, they had hammers to cycle the bolts.

Mosin Nagant: the rifle for 'Heros of the Soviet Union'. Heros are always dead, so they can't lead a revolt against the Central Committee.

Gelgoog
March 10, 2009, 01:45 PM
guess thats why there is a hammer and sickle in the flag :)

KBintheSLC
March 10, 2009, 01:51 PM
Funny how the clown is anti gun when almost all of his roles involve using one. Seems somewhat hypocritical?

Thats Hollywood for you... not only do they use guns constantly on the silver screen, they glorify gun violence left and right.

Then off camera they claim to be anti's. The hypocrisy is painful to watch.

doubs43
March 10, 2009, 01:57 PM
You can buy "Enemy at the Gates" here for $6.32 on DVD.

Link: http://search.deepdiscount.com/search?w=Enemy%20at%20the%20Gates&af=cat1_dvds

I've bought quite a few DVD's from Deepdiscount DVDs and have always been satisfied.

Just be careful you don't accidentally sign up for the $10 monthly payment. ;)

Another great movie for seeing MN's in action is the Finn movie "The Winter War" about the 1939~1940 Soviet invasion of Finland. It's a subtitled movie and costs about $30 with shipping but it's worth every penny. Do a Google search for it as Deepdiscount doesn't carry it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Plenty of Mosants in Action" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!