wolf ammo in PTR-91?

PDA

coosbaycreep
March 9, 2009, 03:02 AM
Is it alright to shoot steel cased, polymer coated wolf ammo through a PTR 91?

If you enjoyed reading about "wolf ammo in PTR-91?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
stubbicatt
March 9, 2009, 10:35 AM
Yep.

SlamFire1
March 9, 2009, 03:47 PM
Just keep your chamber flutes clean. Those flutes divert barrel gas down the sides of the cartridge, breaking loose the upper 2/3's of the case. If the flutes get clogged, case friction will be such that the rifle may not be able to extract the case.

So buy something like a 45 caliber rifle brush, and clean out your chamber at the end of the day.

As long as the flutes are clean, this rifle will puke out most everything.

TexasRifleman
March 9, 2009, 03:48 PM
Works in mine. I have yet to find anything that the PTR won't eat. Chamber brush is a good idea for sure.

coosbaycreep
March 9, 2009, 05:19 PM
I ended up just ordering some south african surplus instead. They haven't charged my credit card yet, so I'm hoping that's just because they haven't processed it yet, and not because they're already sold out.

TexasRifleman
March 9, 2009, 06:04 PM
I ended up just ordering some south african surplus instead

That works in mine too. Surprisingly it's a bit less accurate than the wolf in mine, but I'm not exactly sure why.

FFMedic
March 9, 2009, 10:14 PM
Who still has south african?

FFMedic

marktx
March 9, 2009, 11:02 PM
Who still has south african?

http://www.ammo4guns.com/RIFLE_AMMO.html

https://surplusammo.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=23&zenid=74bc12d088eb0335d63dbef177479633

coosbaycreep
March 11, 2009, 12:59 AM
I ordered it from surplus ammo, and I got my package today, so I'll give them a big thumbs up on quick delivery.

If you enjoyed reading about "wolf ammo in PTR-91?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!