NEW Knife suggestions Please!

PDA

Karbon
March 9, 2009, 02:32 PM
Well I'm a big fan of my Benchmades and will never settle for less than a 154blade ever again...but I need something new.

After doing some research and seeing a Bayley Compact Raven in person...I really want one but I have to wait around 2 years to get it. I like the size, quality and horizontal carry.

http://www.bayleyknife.com/site/raven.aspx

Anyone else have a good suggestion for a knife of similar shape and quality that I can get befor 2010?

Thanks and cheers!

Karbon.

If you enjoyed reading about "NEW Knife suggestions Please!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
March 9, 2009, 02:53 PM
At 275 ($380) it would seem to be overpriced for a stock reduced knife.

If you're in the US you should be able to get something equivalent from Don or Fuad or Stephen or any number of the other custom makers here on THR for the same or less much much quicker than 2010.

Kingcreek
March 9, 2009, 03:33 PM
lots and lots of options for same or less money without sacrificing quality. Bob Dozier's knives come to mind, maybe a K-31 Arkansas Traveler for $205...

Valkman
March 9, 2009, 04:44 PM
I have 2 Fighters available right now for $200 each and they come with custom Kydex. Check out my website www.DLKNives.com

feedthehogs
March 9, 2009, 04:57 PM
You ought to look at Don's land shark.

I own 2 and carry them often.

Like all of Don's knives I own, they feel good in your hand.

Big Bill
March 9, 2009, 05:46 PM
I agree, buy one of Don's knives. You won't regret it.

abominableSnowman
March 11, 2009, 08:19 AM
wow. 275?
i have a $5 folding blade and it probably works just as well as that one.

bikerdoc
March 11, 2009, 08:32 AM
Karbon,

You owe it to youself to check out Valkmans knives. Quality workmanship at an affordable price.

CWL
March 11, 2009, 09:03 AM
If you want a "Bushcraft" knife, which is what pattern the Bayley is, you can get a Bark River Aurora for 1/2 that price -and it's guaranteed for life, or you can get a custom version from Dan Koster for about 1/3 that price.

Smith
March 12, 2009, 03:33 AM
Wow, Valkman! Those look nice!

alaskanativeson
March 12, 2009, 05:09 AM
Another plug for Valkman (http://www.dlknives.com/). Don's the kind of guy who puts pride into his work, it's the kind of pride that can carry over to the knife's owner and user. When someone asks what kind of knife you're using (because not only is it so well designed and built but it's also unique) you can show off a true classic.

For the money you'd be spending on a Bayley (not to take anything away from them as I have no personal knowledge about them) you could have a Busse and have one of the ultimate knives made. Jerry Busse is another maker I'd say puts real quality into his work.

feudalson
March 12, 2009, 05:18 AM
rat 3 or 4

If you enjoyed reading about "NEW Knife suggestions Please!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!