a new shop for the Texas Homies, Houston area especially

PDA

rangerruck
March 9, 2009, 03:54 PM
Our boy Leo, who you usually see at the Houston area gunshows, now has his shop up and running, and has a website going as well, finally!!!
On yahoo , look for katyarms.com. He is usually the cheapest at the gunshows, when it comes to milsurp rifles, mosins' 98's, swedish, then he's got ak's, ar's; he has his ar's built for him, in a couple of diff versions, and he gets a pretty good variety of ak's.
Tantals, valmets, hungys, bulgys, norinco's, and a few others.
Tell him Rangerruck sent you looking...
http://www.katyarms.com/

oh yeah, saiga and arsenal as well, and others I don't remember...

If you enjoyed reading about "a new shop for the Texas Homies, Houston area especially" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Quoheleth
March 9, 2009, 03:57 PM
Always glad to see a competative gun shop open up.

Wish it were on the east side of town. :(

I don't get to Katy much...but I'll keep his address info, so if/when I get there, I can look him up. Hope his website continues to develop, too.

Q

nalioth
March 9, 2009, 04:10 PM
Wish it were on the east side of town.
You can say that again.

Info noted.

Eb1
March 9, 2009, 04:23 PM
Why put your sight out as "Live" when you don't have any content on it. This practice is very anoying.

rangerruck
March 9, 2009, 10:52 PM
oh yeah, he also does ffl transfers, and no , it isn't my site. Tell him i said the ffl transfers are 20 bucks, see what he says!!!! Hope he freaks, but he should honor it, if you say that's what I get it for. Plus he literally just got the site up, tell me what he needs to do to powder your hiney , and likey, and I will pass it on...

To me, just the cost of that transfer alone, compared to any shop in the city, is worth the
drive; I don't know any regular shop that is under 50 bucks in Houston, anymore. I know a couple of other gunsmiths, but even then they are 30 bucks and up. 20 bucks is worth
the gas alone.

rangerruck
March 10, 2009, 12:08 PM
plus, Leo is very cool to work with, and you can hedge with him a bit on the cost of something.

lipadj46
March 10, 2009, 03:00 PM
It's nice to see a shop advertise that they will do transfers. I hate when shops treat you like you just slapped their baby because you ordered from someone else. Even if it is something they don't have in stock or is at a price they could never match.

If you enjoyed reading about "a new shop for the Texas Homies, Houston area especially" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!