Firestone axes.

PDA

burnse
March 10, 2009, 05:11 AM
Worth the money or not?

If you enjoyed reading about "Firestone axes." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
vicdotcom
March 10, 2009, 08:35 AM
Personally I think they are worth it. But then again I cut a lot of wood lol Someone who isnt going to use an axe as much wont think its worth the money. Good axe is a tool that will last a lifetime.

burnse
March 10, 2009, 02:49 PM
Well, vicdotcom, I was wondering because that beltaxe is beautiful. If you one one (or more) firestones, have you thrown them? I love chopping, but I also need something I can throw, too.

vicdotcom
March 10, 2009, 06:33 PM
The only Firestone axe I used was the full size american felling head axe. I liked it but had to sharpen it more than some other axes but thats not a big deal to me.

I have handled the beltaxe and there are a few great things about it and some things I didnt like. I LOVED the handle. It was ergonomic and gave the hatchet more leverage on impact with wood, but I didnt like the fact that it was laminated wood. I love that the head was made of 440c steel. But I didnt like the beard. It seemed way to narrow for my liking. The edge also had a funny shape to it that didnt allow for the full utilization of the hatchet. (unless your carving). But that may be to make it useful for as many different tasks as possible. (good and bad to that).

The only axes/hatchets I have thrown were double bit axe heads also. I dont like throwing single edges becasue you can damage the bit if you hit the poll or cheecks with a bad toss and im not that good at it lol.

I have a fondness for Gransfors Bruks axes though. They are my go-to tools.

Alchymist
March 10, 2009, 07:37 PM
Here's what I carry in my truck:

Gordon
March 11, 2009, 02:42 AM
Hey! You stole that Eastwing from MY truck!:D

burnse
March 11, 2009, 04:48 AM
I love the Estwing axes, but was wondering about the firestones because I really like their styling, and have never handled them.

vicdotcom
March 11, 2009, 08:26 AM
One thing I love about the Eastwing once pieces is that I can use it as a hammer also and not have to worry about hurting it.

Alchymist
March 11, 2009, 09:17 AM
QUOTE GORDON "Hey! You stole that Eastwing from MY truck!"

Yep, liked it so much I flew out there, stole it, and flew home. All while you were sleeping....:neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Firestone axes." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!