Which Glock 17 aftermarket barrel???

PDA

camoman33935
March 10, 2009, 08:50 PM
I know that there are 3 or 4 different brands for Glock 17 aftermarket barrels, but which one is the best. I would want it to be the standard length, not an extended barrel.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Which Glock 17 aftermarket barrel???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
45ACPUSER
March 10, 2009, 09:09 PM
a fitted Bar Sto would be the best....
or a Jarvis.

Runningman
March 10, 2009, 09:10 PM
KKM makes high quality barrels for the Glock 17.

camoman33935
March 11, 2009, 12:40 AM
are Lone Wolf barrels any good?

what about storm lake and EFK?

greyling22
March 11, 2009, 12:56 AM
I've seen LW sell for 35 bucks on gunbroker. hard to beat that. I've got one on my 17. it's lighter weight than factory, but it dropped right in and shoots as well as my oem barrel did. (of course, I'm not a good shot with a glock, but I'm working on it. needs a trigger like a tuned smith revolver :/ )

when I was doing my research into it I read somewhere that storm lake and LW are about the same, and that the "higher quality" stuff required some fitting. but I don't know for sure. I have limited experience.

TDR911
March 11, 2009, 09:16 AM
They are all good replacement barrels. The best barrel is factory original. Try and stick with a dropin barrel. A fitted barrel is fine with a qualified gunsmith install. When doing firearms training and shooting 800 + rounds in 2 to 3 days you will se a trend for any of the aftermarket barrels to hav a FTF or other issues. I use a Glock 17 with an EFK barrel for competition and it never fails. Put 1,000 rounds thru it in 2 days , running & gunning and it will have a very few FTF's. I believe it to be a little finicky because of it tighter fit. I will always go to a training secession with a Stock Glock, H&K, .

45ACPUSER
March 11, 2009, 09:34 PM
Forgot about the KKM!

But, my LWD in G17 is great for my purposes! And, it works....

Quack
March 11, 2009, 09:47 PM
i use a KKM and its been great. i've had it for over 5years, have thousands of rounds through it and its still going strong.

Hk Dan
March 12, 2009, 11:48 AM
Well, what are you using it for? Storm Lake and LW will mimc factory accuracy, while EFK and KKM will be more accurate (in varying degrees), but cause you feed problems if you run the gun hard.

PTK
March 12, 2009, 11:49 AM
I've had great luck with LWD barrels in my G17 of ~2007 manufacture.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which Glock 17 aftermarket barrel???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!