Just bought a new (to me) Mark II

PDA

osteodoc08
March 11, 2009, 12:58 PM
I've been looking for a 22 for a long time. I had a Buckmark, but after the 3rd trip to the factory, I had enough. Sold it. As a side note, kinda wish I kept it, but oh well.

Anyhow. There was a blued Mark II 5.5 bull barrel that has been calling my name for the past 2 weeks or so. After the ok from the wife, I promised myself I would buy it (as long as it was still in the case). I've been known to flip flop on a gun purchase only to kick myself in the rear after letting it go. Well, I marched into Tom's Gun Shop this morning with a purpose and bought it. It was in near mint shape. Bluing was still rich and little to no wear in the chamber/slide area. No rust, dings, etc. $350 afterwards including taxes, some ammo and 2 extra magazines, I was set to go.

Came home, burned up 2 different brands of ammo without a single issue. I'm in love. And to think, I actually considered he "cute" P22 so my wife could shoot with me and have a 22 "for her"....ha ha.

Just wanted to share my joy. BTW, going by Ruger's serial number guide, it is a 1985 vintage Darn good shape for almost 25 years old!

If you enjoyed reading about "Just bought a new (to me) Mark II" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
osteodoc08
March 11, 2009, 12:59 PM
Did I mention no stupid loaded chamber indicator. Woot Woot.

Just excited....I'll now return to my previous state of dull beingness....

Anna's Dad
March 11, 2009, 01:01 PM
Congrats, on the Ruger. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

osteodoc08
March 11, 2009, 01:41 PM
Here's a pic

Milkmaster
March 11, 2009, 01:48 PM
Congrats! I had a mark I when i was married to my first wife. The gun went with her and I have not been able to talk her out of it in over 25 years since. I have a standard model Mark II now that is reliable, fun , and economical to shoot. Best out there for a semi in .22 in my opinion. I hope you enjoy yours as much.

Pilot
March 11, 2009, 02:56 PM
I have the same gun and dropped in the Volquartsen trigger and sear. Its a great shooter and accompanies me to the range every time I go.

ssjones
March 11, 2009, 04:19 PM
Bought mine in '84 (6 7/8" barrel). Never fails to put a smile on my face when I shoot it, wife loves it.

DevilDog0402
March 11, 2009, 06:01 PM
I've been trying to talk my dad out his Mark II (Stainless 5.5" bull barrel) for years. I gave up and bought a Mark III 22/45 - don't like the mag disconnect or the loaded chamber indicator, but I like the feel of it.

gopguy
March 11, 2009, 06:35 PM
Great pistols. I have taken a lot of groundhogs, squirrels and rabbits with mine.

osteodoc08
March 12, 2009, 02:43 PM
Thanks guys. I think she'll be a keeper.

If you enjoyed reading about "Just bought a new (to me) Mark II" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!