Need opinions on holster belts

PDA

Chuck Perry
March 11, 2009, 02:12 PM
I just purchased a Desantis 1.5" holster belt thru Midway. It arrived today; it's going back tomorrow. For one thing, I ordered the wrong size. More importantly, it's just not as stiff as I would like. Right now I am using a 5.11 leather belt. It has a polymer insert, which makes it very stiff and great for holster carry. However, the leather sheath is thin and fragile; it's already coming off in places. Hence my order of the Desantis.

In shopping Midway, I am down to two possibles. The Galco COP, or a Filson double thickness. Can anyone comment on these two? I would like the belt to work equally well with jeans or business casual.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need opinions on holster belts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jason_G
March 15, 2009, 11:58 AM
I have a Galco CB4 and it's a great belt. I'm usually not a big fan of Galco, but this belt holds my steel framed 1911 (fairly heavy) in place without any problems.

Jason

If you enjoyed reading about "Need opinions on holster belts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!