Colt 38 super.

PDA

Gambit88
March 11, 2009, 06:58 PM
About how much are these worth...The orignals that is. I know theyre still made. I ask becuse I saw one at a show for about 5 grand, in pretty good condition, But a neighbor of mine has one that looks damn near new but is an original from the 30s or so. He said he paid 35 for it in a bar in the 60s.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt 38 super." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
March 11, 2009, 07:11 PM
I guess you are asking about old Colts?

They cost $90 bucks new in the early 60's, so $35 bucks in a bar for a used one probably wasn't too far off back then.

Today, collectors are paying crazy prices for like new vintage ones from the 1930's.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=124712922

rc

Dr.Rob
March 11, 2009, 07:36 PM
Colts, especially pre-war Colts have a serious collector value, esp in that caliber. Minty Colts of that vintage even more so. Colt didn't make millions of them before WW2, and those that were made got used.

Beagle-zebub
March 11, 2009, 08:22 PM
Hahahahaha, in a bar. :D

Most things you take home from a place like that don't appreciate so well.

Gambit88
March 11, 2009, 10:22 PM
He said he liked it basicly because cops didnt. I guess back in the 30s That was the round that could shoot through car doors and body armor.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt 38 super." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!