Fondling your guns?

PDA

Drjones
January 16, 2003, 09:45 PM
How often do you fondle your guns?

Don't EVEN try to tell me you don't! That's why we're all here: We're gun nuts!!! :neener:

I don't pay as much attention to my guns as I should, though I do enjoy fondling them every so often.

If you enjoyed reading about "Fondling your guns?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Average Guy
January 16, 2003, 09:48 PM
My new Glock 19 gets a daily (albeit safe) fondling after work. I don't want to lock her up quite yet...

PlayTheAces
January 16, 2003, 09:51 PM
Only when they look lonely and depressed. Or when I think they may be getting lonely and depressed.

Pointman
January 16, 2003, 10:26 PM
Often!

But sometimes they'd rather just be cuddled :p

JeFF D
January 16, 2003, 10:32 PM
Very often while watching tv I rack the slide on my Mossberg 500 to break it in.

Blackhawk
January 16, 2003, 10:33 PM
At least one of them seems to nuzzle its way into my hands every day, excepting, of course, which ever one's on duty that day -- naturally it gets some preferential fondling.

It's probably a bit pathetic, but I do enjoy just looking at them from this angle and that -- I guess to see if anything's changed since last time. Never has, but it can't hurt to keep checking....

AZTOY
January 16, 2003, 10:35 PM
I only fondle the new ones.:neener:

4v50 Gary
January 16, 2003, 10:58 PM
Nope. But I wear my fingers out doing detail disassembly & reassembly. Putting the parts in a paper bag and shaking it don't work like some folks have told me. :(

Pssst! twoblink doesn't fondle his guns. He kisses them. ;) Now there's a man who knows how to show affection for something he loves.

priv8ter
January 16, 2003, 10:59 PM
What I do with my consenting guns in the privacy of my house is my business, but I am currently trying to get used to the trigger on my new SP-101, so there is some fondling going on.

What's the worst is when I go to a gun store to some some fondling. Come on, you folks do it too...no intent to buy, just want to touch...

Drjones
January 16, 2003, 11:06 PM
It's probably a bit pathetic, but I do enjoy just looking at them from this angle and that -- I guess to see if anything's changed since last time. Never has, but it can't hurt to keep checking....

I do the EXACT same thing!!!:D

notbubba
January 16, 2003, 11:34 PM
I'm not fondling, I'm...

I'm...

I'm....checking for rust, yeah that's the ticket.:o

45R
January 16, 2003, 11:53 PM
Did you know that fondling your guns causes the pleasure cells in your brain to fire off giving the sensation of euphoria therefore decreasing stress and tension in the body.........................

For some of us its a medical necessity,:neener: :what:

Hell I even have names for my girls :)

10-Ring
January 17, 2003, 12:17 AM
Fondle...well... :neener: :neener: But I haven't named them yet :rolleyes:

sanchezero
January 17, 2003, 12:19 AM
Fondling?

No, it's 'dry firing' or 'maintenance'.

:D

Wildalaska
January 17, 2003, 12:25 AM
As all my guns are male, I do not fondle them. I play with my wifes gun once in a while :)

HS/LD
January 17, 2003, 12:26 AM
Fondling are you freaking crazy?!?!??!?

I do, however, check them everyday.
Press check.
Safety on.
Mag check.
Holster.

Regards,
HS/LD

matis
January 17, 2003, 01:23 AM
Read the above posts; feel much better about myself.

Since "normal" is being like everyone else, I decided to cancel the shrink appointment, after all.

My guns are gorgeous, bullets are like jewelry.

There, I've said it in front of everybody.

Matis

TexasVet
January 17, 2003, 01:26 AM
I REALLY tried to break this awful habit! I did! Then tonight I saw this story on the return of Che Guevara's body to Cuba and there were guys HOLDING vz52 rifles!!! I just HAD to go to the safe and check to see if mine was still there, didn't I? It COULD have been mine, couldn't it? So I had to reassure my self by playing with it for a minute or two... or an hour or so. DIDN'T I?:what:

WilderBill
January 17, 2003, 01:34 AM
Err, no, I just need to check that the bolt of my Swedish Mauser is still smooth, yet very purposeful when I work it. ;)

PATH
January 17, 2003, 02:54 AM
No! It is just I admire beauty. They are some damn good looking.
Wipe them down, oil, clean, repeat. Yeah, I am fondling them. All my guns are female. I think my wife is jealous sometimes!:D

Bergeron
January 17, 2003, 03:07 AM
My guns get fondled either daily or every other day. They need to feel loved.

Cosmoline
January 17, 2003, 03:40 AM
I fondle my FIREARMS every day. I always make a point of keeping a rifle on my shoulder while walking around. I balance it there, or at least slung. It helps keep my shoulders ready for hunting season.

4570Rick
January 17, 2003, 05:06 AM
Does anyone else drool while fondling? :uhoh:

AK103K
January 17, 2003, 05:24 AM
I used to fondle them, but when I put that little yellow wig on my 45 and lipstick on the ejection port, I knew I needed help!! On the downside, if I keep watching Dr. Phil, I'm going to need to put that "butch" wig back on so I can get that 4th personallity just behind my right temple. :)

80fl
January 17, 2003, 06:23 AM
No, but I did once have an accidental discharge.:D

Blackcloud6
January 17, 2003, 08:26 AM
Whenever I watch a war movie, I take out the main gun in the film and pet it. like when Zulu is on, I have my martini Henry in my lap. My wife says nothing, but just rolls her eyes....

Joe Demko
January 17, 2003, 08:39 AM
No. I practice presentation, speed loads, clearing malfunctions, etc. I also do some dry fire. I perform routine maintenance. I'm with HS/LD on this one. "Fondling" guns strike me as a touch disturbing.

Tamara
January 17, 2003, 08:48 AM
Yup.

Just how can you help out the heroes in a war movie or action flick unless you have the same gun they do? :confused:

yayarx7
January 17, 2003, 08:59 AM
I think that daily, close, personel time with our guns is very, very important to most, if not all of us.

I need to go touch my .45.....

....There, I feel better. :D

hansolo
January 17, 2003, 09:14 AM
Not by the Army definition of "guns":rolleyes: , BTW, I'm LOL at "accidental discharge" comment:evil:

To encrypt this post for the Trolls: IMHO, I do fndle my S&W MP
.38 Sp./I polish her deep blue w/Flitz, watch the wavicles refract against the Bbl.&cyl, feel the cool carbon sear my flesh
and drop the hammer on my "gun". :neener:

KMKeller
January 17, 2003, 09:20 AM
I NEVER fondle my weapons... well at least not in public and not when sitting around in my skivvies... most of the time... OKAY OKAY! I can't keep my hands off 'em ever.

dave
January 17, 2003, 09:21 AM
Oh boy!

I can just see it now. A wayward member of the UD come to visit here and THIS is the first thread they see. :eek:

Stroke city.

cratz2
January 17, 2003, 09:35 AM
I'd hate to say I actually fondle them. But when I have a new toy, esp one that I've been wanting for some time, I do tend to, uh... handle, it more than I probably need to. Of course I've been doing the MilSurp thing lately which, for me, requires taking it completely apart, cleaning every little part, getting rid of any pitting, cleaning the stock up and lots of Tung oil, but that's still cleaning and maintainence, not fondling.

I did fall asleep with an Enfield in the bed with me a week or two ago. The wife wasn't jealous at all. Something about those British rifles. :D

Freedom in theSkies
January 17, 2003, 12:13 PM
I've heard a little voice in my head urging me to spend more time with the kids....er, I mean guns....
They're kind of the same... They all need to be cleaned, cared for, and loved. Best of all is FEEDING TIME!!!:cool:

Hemicuda
January 17, 2003, 12:30 PM
Hey, man... I gotta "feel the love"... so, yes, I fondle them... all of them... as often as I can...

it brings me pleasure, along with caring for them and shooting them... and that is why I have guns... so I can enjoy them!

Carlos Cabeza
January 17, 2003, 12:33 PM
I try not to fondle my GUNs too much, It'll make you go blind......:D But I occasionally get out my revolvers and pistols. Then meticulously and carefully clean and lube them thoroughly.
:cool:

HeadCleaver
January 17, 2003, 12:59 PM
You mean, like, rubbing them, stroking them, feeling their cold steel against your cheek, smelling the oil from their internals....:uhoh: :confused: :o

Shalako
January 17, 2003, 01:14 PM
When I first got my Savage 10fp, cuddling up to her was like snuggling a chicken fingered Janet Reno. But now, with the bodacious kevlar stock from SSS, its like cuddling with Anna Nicole. Ooooooh! Aaaaah!

-Shalako

Cosmoline
January 17, 2003, 01:46 PM
I'll admit that I often smell my rifles and even TASTE them. Sounds weird, but you can tell a lot that way. When I'm looking for rust on a potential C&R purchase, I will rub my little finger inside the chamber and smell it and taste it. Rust has a very distinctive smell and flavor, and you can often smell or taste it even when you can't see it.

I can also tell which powder I've used in a handload by the smell. IMR 4064 has a very different smell than IMR 3031.

Do I have too much time on my hands?

scottgun
January 17, 2003, 01:47 PM
If you rack the slide more than 3 times in a row to clear the chamber, you're playing with it.

I like to spend some quality time with my guns,
but I did not have improper relations with that gun, miss 9mm.

cratz2
January 17, 2003, 02:29 PM
its like cuddling with Anna Nicole

:what: Is that a good thing? :what:

echo3mike
January 17, 2003, 05:28 PM
Fondle...naw.

I call it "Dry Firing".

It's my fabrication...I can call it what I wanna!

S.

vertigo7
January 17, 2003, 06:57 PM
I was told if I did that too much, I'd go blind. So far I'm only nearsighted. :D

NewShooter78
January 17, 2003, 07:42 PM
Yeah, "fondling" them gives me a nice sense of security. Every night before I go to sleep, I drop the mag out and check everything on my pistol, hold if for a little while, then put it on the night stand (after reloading it of course!). And the shotty gets a little jealous sometimes, so I have to unload it and rack it a few times so it feels loved too. :D :neener: :what:

Brian Williams
January 17, 2003, 07:54 PM
I am not fondling them I am wiping off the fingerprints that seem to keep coming back, oops there are some more on my systema, hold on while I wipe them off........

Bainx
January 17, 2003, 08:08 PM
Whatever you want to call it, it feels natural. The feel of a fine firearm is like the feel of a fine guitar.

CAP
January 17, 2003, 09:03 PM
I think I would call it admiring, or examining the fine construction materials and craftsmanship. :D

Carlos
January 17, 2003, 10:36 PM
Dammit, now you got me running for the safe. Hmm, think I'll pull the Steyr M40, my newest acquisition.

Tomorrow, I'll probably sleep with the AK-47 I plan on buying first thing in the morning.

:)

Cheers Gentlemen!!!!

guy sajer
January 17, 2003, 10:47 PM
I have to admit that no , I don't .

But , I get paid to handle guns and I can step out the back door and fire a few shots whenever I want .

I have handled guns everyday at work for the past 18 yrs . $100 Hi Points to $10000 Colts .

Mitch
www.oldeenglishoutfitters.com

Oh yeh , it sucks to be me :D

2nd Amendment
January 17, 2003, 11:10 PM
You have my job, guy, and I want it back!

Carlos
January 17, 2003, 11:44 PM
:)

DadOfThree
January 18, 2003, 01:25 AM
This is my rifle
this is my gun
one is for fighting
the other is for fun

Topgun
January 18, 2003, 03:35 PM
I like to rub oil all over them before using them in whatever way I choose.

Sometimes I will use TWO of them at the same time. I will even use the old ones. The older ones have more experience.

I also like little ones. You know, the kind that get in your pants.

I sometimes take a GROUP of them and lay them out on the bed or the couch and just LOOK at them.

Sometimes I will take a snap cap and just stick it in without any preparation.

I also like cleaning them. Get em all oiled up and then just scrub the heck out of them. But, I don't mind having a really DIRTY one now and again.

I have even performed some operations on some of them to make them do what....I...want them to do.

rock jock
January 18, 2003, 03:57 PM
That's it. After reading these posts, I've decided I'm going to make my fortune producing adult gun movies. Simply videos of beautiful guns, well cleaned and in perfect condition, lying on silk or felt, or slowly being turned under a soft light, with bad '70s music in the background. I think I'll name the company Ballistic Fantasies.

BerettaNut92
January 18, 2003, 05:26 PM
Guilty.

I sniff them too. But I don't kiss them like Twoblink.

PigPen
January 18, 2003, 07:32 PM
Sometimes I get out all the pistols of one kind, like say 1911s. I have 8 or 9 that differ in finish, grips, alloy/steel/ss and just leave them out all day to look at. Right now as I speak, I have my 70 series, 1911 commander (lwt is redundant) with ivory grips laying on the computer table in front of me where i can glance over and admire it while I read/type.

PigPen

12.7x99mm
January 19, 2003, 02:59 AM
I have to admit I have slept with my barrett at least a few times. My 45 gets a bit jealous. :D

sm
January 19, 2003, 04:11 AM
NOPE

CCW (s)get checked, wiped off, holstered. Dry fired ,mag/carry loads changed...maintained.
Safe guns get wiped down from time to time.
Even with students no fondling, just teaching or shooting.
Heck doing good to clean once in a blue moon, they're tools.

Don45cal
January 19, 2003, 04:18 AM
I have read several times in this thread that you may go blind from fondling your guns.

Is that why I can't see the front sight anymore? I thought I needed new glasses!!:D :D

I wish I had a way to secure and view all my toys all the time!!

:D :D :D

rick458
January 19, 2003, 04:50 AM
I do like to polish the Stainless 1911s
and I always enjoy cleaning and wiping down all of them. just something about the feel of finely crafted steel and wood

Gewehr98
January 19, 2003, 11:27 AM
And issue each member of the family a representative piece when watching Saving Private Ryan, etc. :D

BerettaNut92
January 19, 2003, 11:29 AM
Heck, I even fondle my boring American guns (KZ45 and M1A).

But I loves my Eurotrash!

coonan357
January 19, 2003, 11:30 AM
I guess I have been bad ,not giving my kids.. ahem tools the quaility time as needed , I guess today I'll crack open the safe and get out the wiping cloth ....where do all those fingerprints come from anyways ???:rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "Fondling your guns?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!