What am i missing?

PDA

Born4spd
March 13, 2009, 04:08 AM
My Tools.:

Wasr-10
Glock 19
Ruger 10-22 (hogue stock and bull barrel, and scope)
Savage MKII BV
Ruger MKIII Competition Stainless Slab Side.

My extras: Bulgarian Makarov, Russian Capture Mauser.

WHat am i missing in the tools section?
I was thinking maybe a Remington 700 SPS Varmint? in .308?

Opinions?

Thanks Guys!

If you enjoyed reading about "What am i missing?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DSAPT9
March 13, 2009, 04:32 AM
Remington 870 home defence

Born4spd
March 13, 2009, 04:37 AM
I would grab the AK. lol

Thanks for the suggestion!

Kind of Blued
March 13, 2009, 05:04 AM
You don't have a revolver or a shotgun. That's a crime in my book.

cliffy
March 13, 2009, 05:07 AM
Commonsense dictates protecting one's loved one, before they become cannon fodder. Depend upon no one to do the distasteful task before yourself. Such is your task, especially in the world of today, due to economics. Millions want what you have, such as you have, if you still have a home. Shortly, defending what you have, shall become coveted by many, so be prepared to repel all "comers," or you may be lulled into complacent death. Wish I could paint a pleasant picture of America today . . . cliffy

Kind of Blued
March 13, 2009, 05:12 AM
Commonsense dictates protecting one's loved one, before they become cannon fodder. Depend upon no one to do the distasteful task before yourself. Such is your task, especially in the world of today, due to economics. Millions want what you have, such as you have, if you still have a home. Shortly, defending what you have, shall become coveted by many, so be prepared to repel all "comers," or you may be lulled into complacent death. Wish I could paint a pleasant picture of America today . . . cliffy

:confused:

Oro
March 13, 2009, 05:37 AM
:confused:

It's 3am in Michigan and it sounds like ethanol was involved, KoB...

You don't have a revolver or a shotgun. That's a crime in my book.

I kinda agree. These teach A LOT about shooting you use with all your firearms. A good DA revolver teaches you trigger strength, concentration and feel (if you take the time to get good at it - but you can do it dry firing, too). If you get a shotty, get a pump or o/u and go bust clays. You can't believe how much fun it is and what it teaches you about gun handling. It's not very expensive, either. Eventually, you will want a 1911 to enjoy the caliber and platform. A match made in heaven...

QuietEarp
March 13, 2009, 05:47 AM
Revolver, shotgun, lever action, or a long range shooter. It is fun to cover all the bases but if you don't know what you are missing then you aren't really missing it.

Sixtigers
March 13, 2009, 07:15 AM
I think the first response was right on the ball...DSAPT9 is correct. You've got a pretty good toolbox there, but you're missing a major tool. Need a shotty, brother!

foghornl
March 13, 2009, 09:06 AM
Maverick 88/Mossberg 500/Remington 870 for the shotgun.

A 4"-6" .357Mag revolver such as a S&W 686/Ruger GP-100

UpInSmoke
March 13, 2009, 12:00 PM
For sure a 500 or an 870!

Born4spd
March 13, 2009, 12:53 PM
You guys have no idea how much i hate shotguns.

deadin
March 13, 2009, 01:08 PM
What am i missing?

Depends on what your goals are. If your focus is narrow, you probably have too many.....(I mean that in that having too many might slow you down trying to decide which one is suitable for the present crisis.:evil:)
If you focus is wide, you can never have enough.:D

Born4spd
March 13, 2009, 01:12 PM
Hmm Maybe i should add a BUG.

Beretta 21A

Born4spd
March 13, 2009, 01:39 PM
You guys think trading the mauser 98 RC and 100 rounds of ammo for a Beretta 21A .22lr would be a decent trade?

QuietEarp
March 13, 2009, 01:52 PM
You guys have no idea how much i hate shotguns.
Well if you don't want one you aren't missing one, but you did ask a bunch of strangers what gun you are "missing" and referred to your guns as "tools." Then you showed us a half filled tool box with no "hammer" in it.

jerkface11
March 13, 2009, 02:09 PM
How about an AR15 or a 17HMR bolt action? Or a nice Savage rifle (shoots circles around that Remington).

Born4spd
March 13, 2009, 02:29 PM
*** would i nee a shotgun for?

I have an AK and a Glock.

Im up close.. ok the glock is handy and the ak has power.

Im far away, ill use the AK.

jerkface11
March 13, 2009, 03:00 PM
Shotguns are handy for small game hunting.

Born4spd
March 14, 2009, 12:41 AM
"Shotguns are handy for small game hunting."

So is a .22 which i have 3 of. :D

newdude
March 14, 2009, 12:43 AM
Ever try intercepting a duck with a .22?

Kind of Blued
March 14, 2009, 01:19 AM
The 12 gauge shotgun is probably the most versatile and effective close-quarters weapon (0-100 yards) ever created by mankind.

Why try to stop somebody at close range with two or three shots from a Glock when you can just shoot them 24-36 times with the same amount of effort?

I won't even comment on the .22LR mousegun. :)

jerkface11
March 14, 2009, 01:59 AM
A .22 doesn't work all that well on a squirrel that won't hold still. While a .17hmr works even better on the ones that do.

TexasRedneck
March 14, 2009, 02:02 AM
A shotgun is one of the BEST HD tools you can have when you're half asleep an' someone's kickin' in your door.

Beyond that - you've only one of each. Shucks, son - I've got more in ONE caliber than all of yers combined! :D

Yo Mama
March 14, 2009, 02:06 AM
*** would i nee a shotgun for?

I have an AK and a Glock.

Because you can't hunt for birds with either as well.

The Swede
March 14, 2009, 02:19 AM
Take the advice, get a 12 gauge. Seems to me though that you were just interested in telling everyone what you've got instead of taking the advice you asked for.

jerkface11
March 14, 2009, 02:28 AM
If you decide you want a shotgun I've got a Saiga 20 gauge I'm willing to part with.

Born4spd
March 14, 2009, 11:28 AM
"Take the advice, get a 12 gauge. Seems to me though that you were just interested in telling everyone what you've got instead of taking the advice you asked for."

Yea obviously since i have so much cool ****. *sarcasm*

I can hunt birds with either .22s

Shot guns hmm, great for HD especially if they grab one of my family members hostage style.
ANd they are soo great capacity wise, i mean 8 shots then i have to load each round individually again to shoot again, so what am i gonna wear a shotgun shell vest or a fanny pack when i hear a bump in the night?

Where as with the ak i just grab a mag or two and stuff them in my pocket?

And as someone pointed out, i don't have THAT much stuff, so there is obviously more that im missing that could be recommend instead of a scatter gun.

Born4spd
March 14, 2009, 11:29 AM
BTW ive sold the mauser for 320.
So i now have 320 in gun funds,

Ed Ames
March 14, 2009, 11:35 AM
Awesome. :rolleyes:

Born4spd
March 14, 2009, 11:41 AM
Saiga 12?

:D

It has detachable box magazines.... so that makes it more practical.

What you guys think?

TexasRedneck
March 14, 2009, 11:43 AM
B4S, you're really lowering yourself here, bud. If you are so limited in your tactical thought process that you don't see the obvious niche of a shotgun, then you need to go back out to your ride, jack up the tunes until the trunk rattles and just leave those of us serious about firearms alone.
Rather than listen to the sincere recommendations of some obviously VERY experienced folks here, you want to rant on with your juvenile view of an AK being a great HD weapon.
Okay - I'm not going to stoop and say what I REALLY think about you, so suffice it to say that *most* gun savvy folks understand that rounds with a propensity to over-penetrate are the absolute WORST thing to use in a HD scenario, since the object on the other side of the wall that your round WILL penetrate after passing through the perp is very likely to be one of your family members.
So, please - either try to listen and understand the reasoning, ask civil questions - even discuss the "why" of it. Or just go on back to the hood - because frankly, 'tudes like yours scare me due to their obvious lack of thought and maturity.

Yo Mama
March 14, 2009, 06:31 PM
I can hunt birds with either .22s

Not a flying bird. :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "What am i missing?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!