Kahr MK9 - wolf springs question

PDA

mitch1
March 13, 2009, 11:09 AM
I just received the recoil calibration pak and the 5% XP mag spring for my
MK9. Wolff recommends starting with the highest load rating and working down until the desired slide operation is obtained. I'm using Speer 124 +p short barrel for SD, what combos (factory 20.5, 22.5 or 24.5) have you guys found works well with the xp mag spring in the MK9?

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr MK9 - wolf springs question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jocko
March 13, 2009, 11:40 AM
being factory is 20.5#, go to the heaviest and work down if need be. If the brass lands within 6 feet of you, then you should be OK, if u feel it not cycling as it should and u can feel it to, they go to the next weight down. I would think any of those two weights above factory setting will work perfect. ESpecialy after you get a few hundred rounds down range with the heavier springs etc and they start to take a set.

Kahr uses wolffs springs in their guns also. That is a powerfui little rocket cannon and I wold think you will see a nice difference in "felt" recoil with the heavier springs.

Iuse the heaviest recoil springs I can get in my PM9 from wolffs and my PM9 i9 is even ported and they work perfect. Brass lands close--much closer..

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr MK9 - wolf springs question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!