9mm Ammo

PDA

mattwill282
March 14, 2009, 01:46 AM
Any decent brands of inexpensive 9mm ammo out there if so what and can I find it online for even cheaper. As long as the gun doesn't jam I could care less how much I have to clean as long as it is after my session.

I have a new 9mm H&K P2000 I can pick up next friday.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "9mm Ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
QuietEarp
March 14, 2009, 01:53 AM
Winchester White Box is about $20 for 100 at Walmart if you can find it. You may be able to find cheaper ammo in bulk. Blazer and Wolf have some cheap ammo with steel or aluminum cases.

searcher451
March 14, 2009, 10:52 AM
+1 on Winchester White Box. I've used it for years and have never experienced so much as a single problem with it ... until now, when I can't find any of it because of the madness of binge-buying and hoarding that has been going on for months now across the country. :mad:

Once this craziness ends, however -- if it ever ends -- you can't do much better for the money.

Snarlingiron
March 14, 2009, 11:33 AM
I have shot about 12,000 rounds of CCI 115 grain TMJ over the last three years. Never any problems. Used to be lots cheaper than the Winchester white box, but around here it is now running $10.98 for a box of 50. Also around here, Winchester white box is a just fond memory. Nobody ever has any. Now that I think about it in 9mm, around here, nobody ever has anything.

Dan Crocker
March 14, 2009, 11:51 AM
+1 on Winchester White Box. I've used it for years and have never experienced so much as a single problem with it ... until now, when I can't find any of it because of the madness of binge-buying and hoarding that has been going on for months now across the country.

I see it less as binge-buying and hoarding as most gun owners waking up to the fact that they should have more than 10 rds for their guns on hand. Guns without ammo are pretty worthless...

Snarlingiron
March 14, 2009, 02:24 PM
I see it less as binge-buying and hoarding as most gun owners waking up to the fact that they should have more than 10 rds for their guns on hand. Guns without ammo are pretty worthless...

Exactly right.

Yo2slick
March 14, 2009, 02:37 PM
At this point you might find some 9mm ammo in a smaller shop or something along those lines and they probably will have the price jacked up. Hell, I am having problems just finding 9mm bullets for reloading. Everyone and their dog is buying everything they can get their hands on.

IMHO, as long as the binge-buying/hoarding is going on, you might as well forget about the word cheap.

chuwee81
March 14, 2009, 04:25 PM
so sad....so true.

Academy here in houston has a lot of steel case monarch for 10 bux though. And EXPENSIVE winchester ranger at 20 bux per 50 rds.

I dunno about shooting steel cased ammo in my gun though. Anybody wanna shed some light?

Snarlingiron
March 14, 2009, 04:55 PM
I dunno about shooting steel cased ammo in my gun though.

I have never done it, but I have heard that you should have a spare extractor on hand if you plan to go down that road.

On the other hand I have shot nothing but steel cased ammo in my AK 47, but that's a bit different than a handgun, I suppose.

For the time being I am sticking with CCI Blazer. It is only about $1.00 more than the Monarch and so far Academys in my area still have it.

chuwee81
March 14, 2009, 05:44 PM
yea, guess i'll stay away from those.

Average Joe
March 14, 2009, 06:38 PM
I 've been shooting Brown Bear, Wolf, and Silver Bear for years in my Beretta 92FS, and never had a problem. Its a whole lot cheaper too.

jeff-10
March 14, 2009, 07:11 PM
And EXPENSIVE winchester ranger at 20 bux per 50 rds

I take that you are referring to the Ranger FMJ and not the SXT hollowpoints. $20 would be a deal for the SXT and a fair price for the FMJ.

earlthegoat2
March 14, 2009, 10:01 PM
Wallys had some Blazer Brass for less than 9 a box of 50 last time I was in Ohio.

Taurus_9mm
March 14, 2009, 10:12 PM
My Wal-mart seems to be out of ammo more often than not anymore so I get most of my ammo online. Natchezss, where I go most of the time seems to be out of almost everything at the moment along with many of the other online sites. Cheaper than Dirt currently has steel cased Wolf 115 gr. @ $14.99 per 50.

QuietEarp
March 14, 2009, 10:37 PM
Cheaper than Dirt currently has steel cased Wolf 115 gr. @ $14.99 per 50. That doesn't sound like a good deal to me. I think that the steel cased Wolf used to go for $8-10. I went through 1000 in a Beretta 92fs, no complaints. I have since gone with brass as the cost was similar. I wouldn't pay more for steel cased that is for sure. But it does look to be the cheapest available at Cheaper Than Dirt so supply and demand is kicking in pretty hard. I still think that you can do much better than that deal.

jaydubya
March 14, 2009, 10:48 PM
Check out www.mastercast.net. I've fired off more than 6,000 of their reloads, largely .38sp but including a thousand of their 9x19 lead truncated cone. It chambers, fires and ejects perfectly from my 1968 t-series Browning Hi Power, which cleans up easily afterward. Reliable, prompt and inexpensive. They are especially inexpensive if you send them your spent brass (same type and number). I send a thousand cases by USPS Priority Mail for nine bucks and change. Any other way I know of costs twenty or more. Highly recommended.

Cordially, Jack

Dan Crocker
March 16, 2009, 01:18 AM
Dick's Sporting Goods runs about $12/box of Remington UMC if you buy 10 or more boxes.

Knightrider03m
March 16, 2009, 02:01 AM
Ive used Winchester both in the black and in the white box. Both worked really well in my gun.

Hostile Amish
March 16, 2009, 02:11 AM
Remington UMC

2RCO
March 16, 2009, 02:17 AM
Ammo to Go sells Aguila it's fairly cheap!

kmbrman
March 17, 2009, 11:48 PM
Winchester White Box 115 FMJ is always a reliable load . Never had a 9mm pistol that would not feed it or Blazer Aluminum cased 115 FMJ . In my M&P 9mm ,have had trouble with Aguila not feeding reliably,and looks like the bullet AOL [overall length] may be to blame. It looks shorter than other brands of bullets and looks like it sits too far back to the rear of your magazine , and is not long enough.

TBT
March 18, 2009, 07:32 PM
Hard to beat Georgia Arms in quality or price.

If you enjoyed reading about "9mm Ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!