Refinish CZ-82 (9mm Makarov)

PDA

kestak
March 14, 2009, 04:31 PM
Greetings,

I just bought a CZ-82 and I would like to do some refinish on it.

I had quite good luck with rifles and bluing with Birchwood.

By looking at it, it looks like the frame is painted. Am I right? If so, what is the best way to strip the paint on it? I just want to strip the paint on the back and front of the grip. It is the only place where the finish is bad.

Also, the slide finish is quite worn on the top and front. It looks like holster worn. Is the slide blued? It looks like chipped like paint or the finish looks thick like paint.

Thank you

If you enjoyed reading about "Refinish CZ-82 (9mm Makarov)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
denfoote
March 14, 2009, 05:09 PM
My guess is that it's not paint, but Duracoat.

If it turns out to actually be Duracoat, then you might want to call them.

http://www.duracoat-firearm-finishes.com/

If it's ordinary paint, then soaking in any decent paint remover should do the trick. The remover will probably be be petroleum based, so it should not hurt the metal.

john11139
March 15, 2009, 09:40 AM
If you buy it and try it. If it works. PM me. I bought a CZ 82 also. Nice gun for the money. Would like to touch it up too.

If you enjoyed reading about "Refinish CZ-82 (9mm Makarov)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!