Removing rear sights

PDA

Dulvarian
March 14, 2009, 10:37 PM
Pardon me,

I am wanting to remove the rear dovetail sights on a Beretta Cougar 8045F, to facilitate installing a Burris Fastfire II on it as the gun moves over into my wife's hands. I don't want to wreck the factory sights, but I do not know how much force is going to be required to drift the sights out. Any assistance would be appreciated.

My main concerns are: How tight to lock the slide in a vise, and how hard to tap.

If you enjoyed reading about "Removing rear sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jocko
March 15, 2009, 09:26 AM
IMO, either get a site pusher or let a gun smith do it. some are in there very very very tight and you will damage the old site banging it out IMO, let alone in a vise , possably damageing the slide.

I bought a P500 universal site pusher from Brownells for $130 and it was the best money I ever spent.

THE MACHINIST
March 15, 2009, 02:14 PM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r123/gmbitsoie/Picture0006.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Removing rear sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!