I swear I'm going to vomit on my cat if...

PDA

Atarian
March 15, 2009, 04:39 AM
... I hear the phrase "Springfield XD" ever again! All I ever see is XD ads, everywhere! ***!!! It may be a fine pistol, but is it 100 times better than a SIG, Walther, Colt, Beretta, [insert name here] pistol?

For the record I have fired an XD in .40 S&W (don't know the model, but it was the one where you can only keep two fingers below the trigger finger on the grip) and it was an absolute displeasure to shoot - horrendous recoil. I know, I'm a wuss, blah, blah, blah.

Is it just me, or is this thing over-hyped and over-priced, considering it was made where the per capita GDP is 1/4 that of the US? If it was the EXACT same pistol but said "Bryco" on the side, how many people would buy it?

I'm off to puke now... Where's that damn cat...

If you enjoyed reading about "I swear I'm going to vomit on my cat if..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kind of Blued
March 15, 2009, 04:50 AM
Feel free to puke as much as you want, or just ignore the adverts.

I've shot three models and think they're really good tools, but I don't own one. That being said, SA is pretty big on the advertisement/hype game.

Odd Job
March 15, 2009, 05:23 AM
I had the pleasure of firing an XD for the first time in Florida last year. I would be very happy to own one of those pistols: the one one I tried was a rental and it was very comfortable and accurate also.

MCgunner
March 15, 2009, 05:29 AM
I rather like my son-in-law's XD40. What's wrong with it? Shoots great and has one more much appreciated safety on it than a Glock. I don't have one, don't feel the need, but it's a quality firearm.

Coronach
March 15, 2009, 05:35 AM
I swear I'm going to vomit on my cat if I hear the phrase "Springfield XD" ever again!"Springfield XD"

Take video. I want to see this.

Mike

NGIB
March 15, 2009, 05:38 AM
I have well over a dozen handguns and only 3 of them are plastic - and 2 of them are XD's...

Quiet
March 15, 2009, 05:49 AM
Springfield Armory is just doing their part to market it.

When it was being imported by Intrac/HS America, no one really paid attention to it. Even though it was a well made pistol and retailed for around $300.

So, when Springfield Armory stepped in and became the exclusive USA importer of the HS-2000, they renamed it the XD and increased the price by $200. Price increase is help paying for all that marketing you're being bombarded with.

PAPACHUCK
March 15, 2009, 07:29 AM
I have a XD45, I love it.

I have a Glock, I love it.

I have a Sig, I love it.

I have a Beretta, i love it.

What's not to love? You pull the trigger, it goes bang. Works for me.

The Springfield XD is a quality firearm that many people have found fits their hands well, and shoots to point of aim. There has been a few problems reported, but that's also the case with Glock, or Sig, or H&K, etc. I don't poo-poo a gun that I may not like(Kahr), when others find it quite servicable. Buy what you like, and we'll do the same.

Geezer Glide
March 15, 2009, 07:32 AM
What's an XD?

Taurus_9mm
March 15, 2009, 09:16 AM
I love mine and covet more. :D

pmeisel
March 15, 2009, 09:17 AM
Maybe I am just an old fart, but I haven't seen the point or value of any autoloader designed since the 1911 and the HiPower.

Walkalong
March 15, 2009, 09:48 AM
Take video. I want to see this.Me too. :)

I like the XD line as well. It's easy to field strip, relatively easy to detail strip, accurate, reliable, dependable, and it has a very good trigger compared to it's other polymer competitors. (IMHO)

I don't care for recoil (must be a wuss too ;)), but my XD SC in .40 is not unpleasant to shoot.

Redneck with a 40
March 15, 2009, 10:04 AM
XD owner here......love it!:D

devildog66
March 15, 2009, 11:03 AM
I do not like the "polywonders" as much but not because they are bad or inferior designs. It's because I'm willing to spend the $$$ for a semi-custom pistol - a 1911. If I was to be looking in the 500 range for an autoloader than the Glock or XD would be at the front of the line.

1911shooter
March 15, 2009, 11:14 AM
Its a very good pistol that is more then fairly priced, and is one of the best pistols on the market.

ar10
March 15, 2009, 11:30 AM
I've owned glocks, SW's, Tarus, and so on. All good guns. But for the life of me I keep seeing these crappy XD's all over my house. +:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Rodentman
March 15, 2009, 11:37 AM
You should not heave on the cat because the cat will then clean himself, get sick and heave on the carpet and you will need to clean it up.

http://fototime.com/51290BE3B06D1D9/standard.jpg

swiftak
March 15, 2009, 12:10 PM
"Springfield XD" Did you puke? Do you own one? Ever shot one. Ever held one? Not a bad gun. I own two. Now if you want to get into an overrated pice of crap, just say Mini 14. Now I'll puke. And yes I own one.

23Glock
March 15, 2009, 12:36 PM
"Springfield XD"

Take video. I want to see this.

Mike

:D :D :D

First off, by your description, you fired a .40 from a sub-compact pistol. That's going to be painful from ANY manufacturer's model. You're not a wuss, but you do need to understand it was the round and the size of the weapon, not the particular manufacturer.
Second, don't hate a company for advertising. If you feel so strongly, obviously their marketing dept succeeded on some level...
Now, as far as being "100 times better" than other manufacturers...well, "100 times" is a little strong and it's also very subjective. Is a Glock worth $500 - absolutely. Is an XD worth $600 - yes. Is a Sig worth $700 - NO. A statement like that could start an argument, but it illustrates my subjective opinion.
Finally, any weapon that can survive a torture test is not over-hyped. It is what it is: A combat weapon.
http://springfield-armory.primediaoutdoors.com/SPstory11.php
Do that to your Colt, Sig, and possibly the Berretta and you’ll be replacing them in short order (another subjective opinion…hahaha).

yeti
March 15, 2009, 12:41 PM
I just wish those Springfield marketing guys would go away and stop forcing me to read every XD ad, and let me go to the toilet when those XD commercials come on tv. It's the being forced to suffer them that troubles me!:neener:

Average Joe
March 15, 2009, 02:54 PM
Well put a rain coat on your cat. " SPRINGFIELD XD "

Gunfighter123
March 15, 2009, 03:08 PM
I've shot two XDs , both 5" , and found them to be accurate and jam free over about 300 rds.

I voted "good pistol,fair price".

BrianB
March 15, 2009, 03:13 PM
Atarian:

There are 2 other calibers to choose from if you don't like .40 S&W. Businesses are free to advertise. They sell a ton of XD's. I like mine just fine. Simple to operate, clean, and field strip. Eats all decent ammo and shoots accurately enough for defense purposes.

Sorry the product's popularity offends you so.

Ridgerunner665
March 15, 2009, 03:25 PM
I was a diehard 1911 guy until I bought my wife an XD 45 Compact.

Now I have an XD 45 Tactical Compact and I like it...a lot.

JImbothefiveth
March 15, 2009, 03:26 PM
Any subcompact polymer .40 is probably not going to be too fun to shoot, at least for beginners. As a begginner, I think that one in 9mm (similiar to an xd) has more recoil than I like, and it's difficult to get off another shot with one, although if it was bigger it might not get carried everywhere, and it's not so bad I don't like practicing with it.(although 50 or 100 rounds at a time is probably the limit.) I would not want to buy one in .40.

ChuckB
March 15, 2009, 04:02 PM
Atarian- I think you need a quiet place for a while. Don't like the ads? Don't read them. Didn't like the XD you shot? Oh, well. Sorry- gotta go now. I have a life to live.

Chuck

Hostile Amish
March 15, 2009, 04:08 PM
http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww206/pkjeetesh/shot.jpg

The thing is, it doesn't perform bad...

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hs-xd-3.jpg

It just looks bad.

KE4NYV
March 15, 2009, 06:48 PM
I have both the compact and sub-compact XD9s and I LOVE them. Had a Glock and sold it. It was a fine gun, but my XD's are just better for me.

The sub is my daily carry gun. I feel naked without it.

maroast
March 15, 2009, 06:56 PM
http://newmedia.funnyjunk.com/pictures/Frew_Up.jpg

denfoote
March 15, 2009, 07:01 PM
An HS2000 by any other name is still an HS2000!!! :rolleyes:

browningguy
March 15, 2009, 07:03 PM
I like them a lot, only have one, a 9mm with the 5" barrel. Much better pistol for my hand than a Glock.

I really don't see why you would be bitching and monaning about a gun you don't even own. You shot a compact and didn't like the recoil, every other compact I have shot has exactly the same problem. If you want the smallest package possible you have to give up something.

mljdeckard
March 15, 2009, 07:07 PM
It's not any more overpriced than any other polymer-framed pistol.

If you shot a sub-compact .40, compare it to ANY OTHER polymer-framed sub-compact .40. Smaller guns have more felt recoil, are more difficult to control, and .40s generally have snappier recoil than the same pistols in 9mm OR .45.

I think that if a straight-up trial for a new service pistol for the U.S. military were held right now, the XD would be tough to beat in every way.

intheburbs
March 15, 2009, 07:23 PM
I swore I'd never get an XD. Then I shot one. I shot the XD45 better than my Glock 21 that I've been trained on and have had for years. Needless to say one followed me home soon after....

UnTainted
March 15, 2009, 07:29 PM
Here kitteh' kitteh' kitteh'!!!

I want a "SPRINGFIELD XD" in 10mm, you hear springfield, 10-freakin'-millimeter.

Now you can puke on your cat, and it'll die cause I would also like a 10mm from sig.

gglass
March 15, 2009, 07:37 PM
Why was the HS2000 an overpriced, third-world Croatian handgun, until Springfield slapped the XD label on it and charged 3X as much?

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8052/hs2000.jpg

Behold... The power of marketing!

gglass
March 15, 2009, 07:54 PM
Here kitteh' kitteh' kitteh'!!!

I want a "SPRINGFIELD XD" in 10mm, you hear springfield, 10-freakin'-millimeter.

Now you can puke on your cat, and it'll die cause I would also like a 10mm from sig.

Why would you ask Springfield for a new build of the XD? You need to send your request to HS Produkt d.o.o., the Croatian firearms manufacturer that actually makes the XD (HS2000).

In these troubled economic times you might remember that in 2007 HS Produkt went from 80 to over 1000 employees due to Springfield's marketing of the XD. That means that there are 1000+ manufacturing jobs that could be here in the U.S. if Springfield would just manufacture their products here.

We could just keep buying foreign goods at a breakneck pace when an American made product of equal or better quality is available. Keep it up America a complete Socio-economic breakdown is underway. You know it... You can feel it... But, it seems that business as usual is the answer for most people.

Ridgerunner665
March 15, 2009, 08:02 PM
Springfield is looking into manufacturing the XD's here...right here in Tennessee as a matter of fact.

I imagine there will be quite a bit of legal matters to be resolved (patent buyouts and such), but they are looking into it because of the hassles involved with importing.

Phydeaux642
March 15, 2009, 08:11 PM
I've got two XD9s and am seriously thinking about a .45. I think they are great. Plenty accurate for me and they go bang every time.

HippieMagic
March 15, 2009, 08:48 PM
I shot a full size XD-40 quite a bit and never really felt the same love everyone else seems to for it. It was a fine handgun... it went bang when I pulled the trigger and never had any failure of any type. Would I trust my life with it? Probably... Would I enjoy shooting it on weekends for fun? Definitely not...

I hated the feel to it and even the full size XD was really snappy in .40S&W not to mention the one I had the "pleasure" of shooting had an annoying ridge directly down the center of the frame which irritated my hands to no end. I am picking up the M&P 40 REALLY soon just because I like it more... The XD isn't bad at all though.

possum
March 16, 2009, 02:54 AM
i love my xd, 12,000rds and still going strong, i have been happy with everyone that i have ever shot.

Reaper!
March 16, 2009, 03:55 AM
"Why was the HS2000 an overpriced, third-world Croatian handgun, until Springfield slapped the XD label on it and charged 3X as much?"
It wasn't overpriced and anyone who bought one back then knew it.

Croatia, third world?? Don't get out much do you?

"3X as much"??
Generalize much do you?
I didn't know a new XD costed $800+. Even the new XD-m can be had for $550 to $700 depending on where you live. Regular XD's are even cheaper.
Of course you probably knew all this already didn't you?

Dookie
March 16, 2009, 05:57 AM
Maybe I am just an old fart, but I haven't seen the point or value of any autoloader designed since the 1911 and the HiPower.Better price, higher capacity, more accurate, lighter (won't pull the pants down as easy) better trigger, it's not a 1911, hammerless, DA and SA, safer to keep charged.

I have had two XD40's, both ran perfect, both were comfortable to shoot.

loop
March 16, 2009, 06:34 AM
Dookie?

More accurate than what?

Lighter, OK. Cheaper, OK. Higher capactity, OK.

More accurate? What dreamworld do you live in?

Hostile Amish posted his target with holes all over the place. My 1911s make one hole.

Has anyone ever pointed out to you folks that an XD is a chick gun?

Kind of like a Jag is a chick car?

Twitter?!?.

The XD is like all the other SA offerings. An imitation of something that may have been good in its original configuration.

SA specializes in producing crap. If you do not believe that then you've never shot IDPA or IPSC.

Putting faith in SA is one step above putting your faith in Ingram.

XD ** ******* ***!

Just One Shot
March 16, 2009, 08:31 AM
Springfield XD, Springfield XD, Springfield XD, SpSpringfield XD Springfield XD, Springfield XD, Springfield XD, Springfield XD, Springfield XD, Springfield XD!

:neener:

How ya feeling now?

Seriously, I have the XD tactical in the .40 with the 5" barrel and it has less recoil than my sons S&W M&P .40 4".

We were at the range Saturday and his M&P kept jamming every other round on the Fiocchi brand while my XD was singing like a lark on the same brand.

It is well made, accurate and a good value for the money, and yes, it is as good or better than many of the makes you listed.

:D

Duke of Doubt
March 16, 2009, 12:04 PM
The HS2000 wasn't even the original gun:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HS_2000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HS_Produkt

I preferred the HS95, actually. More Sig-like. The PHP wasn't bad either.

A good friend has the XD. It handles well, and is well-made. But it hasn't ever shot accurately for him, or for me. A bit surprising.

Of course they are overpriced; they cost $200 less before SA put their name on it. Also, they're plastic.

MDG1976
March 16, 2009, 12:10 PM
i got an 4" XD 9mm right when they came out. it's the one of the most reliable, smoothest, most accurate autoloaders i've ever shot. it's a gun you can have a blast shooting all day long and a gun you could trust your life to.

dirt_j00
March 16, 2009, 12:43 PM
Is your issue with the gun or the advertising? It sounds like the latter.

verdun59
March 16, 2009, 12:48 PM
I have a XD 9, it's a fine gun not as nice as my CZ 75b but still a fine gun. As far as advertisements go you must have had your head in a hole for the past few years if you are not aware of the "GLOCK" craze and blitz that has been going on for way too long. If you don't like marketing you must hate Harley-Davidson.

foghornl
March 16, 2009, 12:56 PM
Please don't "hurl" on the cat....The cat will wait untill you fall asleep, then will hurl in your favorite shoes.... Never mind HOW I know...I just know!

I don't own any of Springfield's "XD" offerings...I have tried a couple of them, and they just dont "fit" me. On the other hand, I have 2 SA 1911-A1's...Love them..fit me well.

PT1911
March 16, 2009, 01:07 PM
forcing you to read ads, and forcing you to watch commercials... just when did someone put an XD to your head and force you to read their advertisement? change the channel or turn the page if you arent intersted... I like XD's... they are my second favorite polymer gun behind my steyr M9-A1.

FireArmFan
March 22, 2009, 06:18 PM
I carry my XD40 sub-compact daily and I love it. I also like Colts, Sigs, Walthers and many other handguns. The thing I love about my XD is that I paid half of what I did for my HK P2000 in .40 and it performs just as well. I think the XD is a lot of gun for the price.

10-Ring
March 22, 2009, 06:21 PM
What a waste of vomit

EdLaver
March 22, 2009, 06:40 PM
You are definetly gonna heave when they start advertising the XDM .45ACP LOL!

Grizfire
March 22, 2009, 06:43 PM
I guess your cat is the one promoting all these advertisements

SharpsDressedMan
March 22, 2009, 06:46 PM
The Serbs and Croats have been building and using fine guns for many years. They generally use them on each other, but tried in the fire, their guns probably are among the most durable and combat worthy. They make AK's, copy other proven designs, and occasionally come up with new ones. They like to fight. What else can I say? I'm half Croation ......p.s.: my oldest & longest friend, from high school, was Serbian. We never did know what all the fighting was about.......

Ala Dan
March 22, 2009, 06:59 PM
"a damn good pistol, that is fairly priced" :scrutiny: ;)

kis2
March 22, 2009, 08:16 PM
i shot one of the subcompact xd's and thought it was a pretty nice gun, liked the trigger. didn't like it as much as my glock though, and the glock was cheaper than any xd i priced.
who talks about vomiting on a cat in a gun forum? typically any thread with a cat in it starts "good caliber for..."

Big Daddy Grim
March 22, 2009, 08:20 PM
XD are great guns for the money I like both of mine XD45 Tactical and the XDm 9mm I love the round count and they put the shots in the black no complaints here.

Hikingman
March 23, 2009, 12:08 PM
Can you imagine Springfield's response IF market research indicated that the majority viewed XD as underpriced? Hmmm, there I go thinking, again.

MountainBear
March 23, 2009, 12:25 PM
Its a good, reliable pistol thats over-rated never the less. If it suits someones personal tastes, more power to them. I think its a top heavy, answer to the Glock. While I don't consider the Glock all that hot either (I'm a 1911 and revolver guy), I'd take a Glock over an XD every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

JR47
March 23, 2009, 12:40 PM
Typical reactions. For every ten or twenty reasonable explanations, pro or con, you have someone who's just GOT to spew crap about the brand, the model, or tell us how THEY have an "X" that shoots into 1/2 MOA at 2000 yards, in a hand-gun.

Why all the hooplah? It's America, and you still have choices. Buy, and shoot, what you feel is best, for you. Don't like a brand, move on. My son-in-law bought an XD (non M) in .40 S&W. It's a nice gun, points better than a Glock (like we didn't hear enough about them in advertising), is reliable, and has proven 100% reliable to date. It's not a 1911, for those of us who love 1911 pistols, or a CZ75, or even a Glock 22. It's an XD.

What a waste of band-width.

K-DUB
March 23, 2009, 12:54 PM
XD's in my opinion are nice guns, notice I didnt say perfect.
I like all of the manufacturers listed earlier, but they even have their lemons.

My XD has ran like a champ since the day I brought it home, as do the other brands I own. At the time I just couldnt afford a $850.00 Sig and bought the XD, and am glad I did.

I feel its a good value for a gun that has been really reliable.

HisSoldier
March 23, 2009, 01:39 PM
Any plastic gun is a purpose only gun, no value except in it's use, not like a steel gun. The loss shouldn't cause tears if it's stolen or confiscated. That's a niche of it's own.

alistaire
March 23, 2009, 01:54 PM
"Springfield XD" "Springfield XD" "Springfield XD" "Springfield XD" "Springfield XD"

Now show us the video. If you don't show us the video, we are all going to pretend to buy "Springfield XD"s and rant about how great they are.

CoRoMo
March 23, 2009, 06:17 PM
Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD Springfield XD
http://www.iacuc.arizona.edu/training/cats/images/Tabby1-DomesticCat-Closeup.jpg
:D:D:p:p:neener::neener::p:p:D:D

CDH
March 23, 2009, 11:09 PM
+ Whatever again for the XD line.

They're my favorite plastic pistol, and both my XD45/4" and XD9SC have run like Rolex watches since I brought them home several years ago.

Puke all you want. It's your cat. :)

GLI45
March 24, 2009, 09:39 PM
A buddy of mine has an XD in .40 that I've fired a number of times. It's a good (not great/nothing special) pistol that has benefited from an enormous and effective marketing campaign. I prefer a little more weight in my pistols so I'm just not a polymer fan, but I guess there's something to be said for pistols you can clean in your dishwasher.

dmazur
March 25, 2009, 01:36 AM
Maybe I am just an old fart, but I haven't seen the point or value of any autoloader designed since the 1911 and the HiPower.

Aha! Someone else thinks like I do.

At any rate, a coworker has an XD that he likes. I asked why (not trying to start an argument) and got, "Because it has a grip safety."

So I asked if it had a decent short trigger pull. "Well, no."

I told him he was half-way to understanding a 1911... :)

Regarding the cat, I no longer have a cat and a lot of the stuff I read makes me want to throw up. Looks like I'll have to get a cat so I'll have a suitable target...

Rugby3
March 25, 2009, 07:05 PM
I like them enough to have bought two XDM 9's one for me the other for my son. I look at weapons as tools, would I love to have the more expensive makes/models, you bet. Can I afford them, nope. Will they serve their purpose, absolutely. It's like the AK crowd arguing that my Romanian AK is junk, it cost a 1/4 of the price of theirs and still goes bang every time and will still hit what's important.
On top of it I get more $$$ for more important things like ammo and reloading supplies.:D

jad0110
March 25, 2009, 09:39 PM
I owned an XD9 in the past. Though it wasn't for me, I acknowledge that it is a good gun and that they are generally fairly priced, though I've saw an XDM 9mm recently priced in the upper $600 range about 2 weeks ago. Yikes.

AKElroy
March 25, 2009, 09:50 PM
An HS2000 by any other name is still an HS2000!!!

Yep--And at the early prices, I would have bought 20 of them had they been well capitalized enough to spread the word on what they created. Most, including me, did not know they existed until Springfield bought them. The only way you move a high volume of product no one knows about is to price it low, even if that product is exceptional. HS knew how to make a great gun; they just didn't have the chops to market it. Kudo's to Springfield for seeing it for what it is & doing it justice with proper marketing. If the gun failed to deliver, it would be a dead product regardless. I love my XDm .40.

skinewmexico
March 25, 2009, 11:29 PM
I have 3, shoot them in IDPA, clean them every case of ammo, and still haven't had a FTF or FTE. I haven't seen any of their ads, but I don't waste a minute of time reading worthless gun mags either.

So I asked if it had a decent short trigger pull. "Well, no."

I put a Powder River kit in mine, and it has a great short trigger pull. And it doesn't hiccup when I shoot it in a match.

flrfh213
March 25, 2009, 11:58 PM
I'm off to puke now... Where's that damn cat...

i never have been a big cat fan, but what ever you do DON'T GET ANY OF THAT ON THE DOG

Dr.Rob
March 26, 2009, 01:01 AM
When it was the HS2000 it was a bargain, and well recived. You pay a lot for that Springfield name, namely you're paying for all those ads. Not saying Springfield hasn't improved on it, just saying they bought a VERY solid pistol.

AKElroy
March 26, 2009, 01:50 PM
When it was the HS2000 it was a bargain, and well recived. You pay a lot for that Springfield name, namely you're paying for all those ads. Not saying Springfield hasn't improved on it, just saying they bought a VERY solid pistol.

Yep--and all that exposure has porbably doubled the value of those early guns. Value is measured by demand, advertising creates demand. As long as the core porduct is solid, it gains value. That's the market at work. These guns are worth more now.

kilo729
March 26, 2009, 09:06 PM
Why get an XD when you can get a 5,000 dollar custom 20 pound 1911 and shoot .25 inch groups at 300 yards? :rolleyes:

tinygnat219
March 31, 2009, 01:02 PM
XDs are overpriced. I remember seeing the HS2000, which is the same gun for around 300 bucks. Slap a Springfield label on it, call it something "sexy" and then charge 5-600 for it? They ain't worth the money.

ar10
March 31, 2009, 01:11 PM
XDs are overpriced. I remember seeing the HS2000, which is the same gun for around 300 bucks. Slap a Springfield label on it, call it something "sexy" and then charge 5-600 for it? They ain't worth the money.

That's not true, (around here any way), I was at the gun store this morning and just got back. XD's are from 369.00 to 479.00, plain non-pretty-cute ones, from .45 to 9mm. Glocks of the same type and caliber are in the 550.00 to 670.00 range. (all NIB) I didn't bother looking at Kimbers, Sigs, or any of the others, except Hi-Point. Those are cheap, but you get what you pay for.

CoRoMo
March 31, 2009, 01:31 PM
Got mine for $399 out-the-door. Brand spanking new.

Davionmaximus
March 31, 2009, 02:00 PM
Sounds to me like you simply need to spend a wee bit more time at the range renting guns to get a feel for the differance between a subcompact 40 and a service model. Just an opinion.. counts for nothing.;)
I love my XD45c... just another opinion.:D

Oh and picked mine up last january, during the "gun rush" and paid $440.00 plus tax new in box... Put that in your "____enter gun name here____" and smoke it.

Stirling XD
March 31, 2009, 05:08 PM
I love my XD, but I hate cats. Puke all you want.

crazy-mp
April 2, 2009, 12:45 AM
I have one in .45 GAP, and one ported with the V-10 ports in 9 mm. Better than a Glock but worse than a M&P.

cats are just mobile target practice :D

Browns Fan
April 2, 2009, 08:00 AM
My daughter has an outdoor cat that lives on our front porch and it (the porch) is covered with furballs, so if you are gonna hurl on a cat, please make it this one!!

Oh, I have an xd9 and xd45, like 'em both.

searcher451
April 2, 2009, 09:18 AM
Only you can decide the answer to the question. Keep in mind that one man's finest-handgun-ever is another man's worst-gun-of-all-time disaster. The XD is right for you only if the XD is ... right for you.

By the way, take pity on the poor cat. :)

lukepriebe
April 2, 2009, 03:30 PM
Picked my xdm 40 up today. Going to the range this weekend!

ar10
April 2, 2009, 10:33 PM
Picked my xdm 40 up today. Going to the range this weekend!
Don't shoot the range cat. :D

josh2415
April 3, 2009, 12:17 AM
Bought an XD9 Service pistol in Dec - love it.

If you enjoyed reading about "I swear I'm going to vomit on my cat if..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!