PM40 and 155gr.?

PDA

Air,Land&Sea
March 15, 2009, 01:22 PM
Just brought my PM40 out for the first time. 100% flawless in every way. Figured that 155 grainers made sense out of a short barrel. Shot great, but was quite ferocious. All was well, but I'm concerned about wear-and-tear on the gun. Can the PM40 take a beating or would maybe a heavier round be less tough on the gun (and maybe even a "better" choice for other reasons)?
Wear-and-tear might be a complete non-issue and, if that's the case, I'll likely stick with 155's.
Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "PM40 and 155gr.?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SimpleIsGood229
March 15, 2009, 02:45 PM
I doubt it's an issue. I would tend to think that the .40 S&W is going to wear on such a small pistol, regardless of bullet weight.

jocko
March 15, 2009, 03:02 PM
for sure the PM40 is a handfull, but u won't wear it out. It is well made, just keep some extra recoil springs on stock. I think you can go to wolffs' gunsprings and buy um lower priced and in the 20.5# weight to. Your factory springs are 18#. This will help alot with recoil the heavier springs and certainly will be kinder to the over all wear on the gun also.

If it's any help I have 19,000 rounds on my PM9 and not one issue or breakage. Damn thing just goes bang every time. I would expect no less from your PM40.

You could also tame it down big time by letting magna-port do thier thing to your 40 cal. It will do wonders for your shooting two.

Great gun, now just don't worry about it and shoot it like you stole it. With the price of 40 cal ammo, I doubt if you will ever shoot that gun out either. I seen one just today in gander mt for sale for $799.

Keep the slide rails greased and read ur manual. use the sldie lock lever until you can rack the slide with no feed issues. Kahrs are tight and they don't seem to loosen up alot either..

If you enjoyed reading about "PM40 and 155gr.?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!