rossi 357 mag in ss

PDA

flrfh213
March 15, 2009, 02:41 PM
i just bought a ROSSI r462 6-shot ss 357 mag w/2" barell. i also was just told this gun was only good for 3000 to 5000 rounds then it is basicly junk metal. (not dependable for ccw) it seems in new shape still and i have run bout 2500 rounds thru it, both 38 and 357. what are yalls views on this weapon, so far i love it...

If you enjoyed reading about "rossi 357 mag in ss" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
March 15, 2009, 06:12 PM
I think you would have had better luck in the Revolver Forum.

This one is Firearms Research, like I.D.ing very old guns and such.

That being said, while Rossi is not the top of the food chain as far as high quality revolvers go, it most certainly isn't just going to stop working after 3,000 - 5,000 rounds.

It may or may not break down at some point in the future, but you couldn't predict when or if by a round count like that.

As long as it works, it's perfectly suitable for CCW use if you want to use it for that.

rc

Ron James
March 16, 2009, 04:35 PM
rcmodel is correct in that this belongs in the Revolver forum. That said, why are you asking for opinions after the fact. You own it now, you're happy with it. When you ask opinions on a firearm such as this you will get opinions from every one under the sun. most of them have never ven held a Rossie much less owned one. Every gun I've owned I've researched it, but never once did I ask anyone else's opinion, why should I, I;m the one who is going to use it. Just curious :confused: Added: Hope that didn't sound snarky or talking down to you. if so, sorry about that. you asked for opinions:)

flrfh213
March 16, 2009, 11:57 PM
no problem ron, just wanting to know if i need to trade it out or keep it for a ccw, it being ss and all.
i paid 3 bills for it but hope to keep it and if no good i will have no problem selling it at 500 or 600. it looks new and works well...

If you enjoyed reading about "rossi 357 mag in ss" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!