Ruger MkIII magazine problem

PDA

BNAllen
March 16, 2009, 01:30 AM
Purchased a new MkIII Target. Two magazines came with the handgun. One magazine works great. The other magazine has failed. The magazine will not seat properly in the grip. At first, I thought this was a problem with the numerous "safety features" of the MkIII. Now, I am fairly certain it is a magazine propblem. Anyone else had similar issues?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger MkIII magazine problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Japle
March 16, 2009, 12:45 PM
Contact Ruger. They have excellent customer service and will replace it.

Bad mags in Ruger .22s are rare. I have 6 mags for my 22/45 and they all work perfectly. Some seem tighter than others, but they all work.

KBintheSLC
March 16, 2009, 03:23 PM
Contact Ruger. They have excellent customer service and will replace it.

Ditto

Average Joe
March 16, 2009, 06:07 PM
Some Ruger MKIII mags come with a burr on them near the top that needs to be filed down a bit. Go to Bulleye's site, @ Guntalk.com, and they will show you a couple of pictures of the problem and how to correct it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger MkIII magazine problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!