.22 For the wife.

PDA

Brad5192
March 16, 2009, 08:24 PM
It's her frist time shooting a hand gun and i want her to like it. She wants her C.C. I will buy her a big gun for C.C.

If you enjoyed reading about ".22 For the wife." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Knightrider03m
March 16, 2009, 09:47 PM
Since she won't be carrying the .22. I would go with something cheap that won't break the bank.

Brad5192
March 16, 2009, 10:41 PM
How about a walther p22. I will use it to

PT1911
March 16, 2009, 10:50 PM
walther p-22 is definitely a great choice, they are available in a variety of configurations, shoot extremely well, are quite comfortable, and are very reliable.... a p-22 was my first handgun purchase and I have put a couple thousand rounds through it with no failures. the only ftf have been ammunition related and not attributed to the gun. I highly recommend them to all of my friends and have never heard any complaints from them.

chris in va
March 17, 2009, 01:08 AM
Let her choose the gun. You may find she doesn't care for 22, might like 45 instead. Yes...that's right.

My friend has a lot of fun with my Kadet 22, but her favorite is my Sig 220 45. Some women like the feeling of power in their hands. Seriously.

Pilot
March 17, 2009, 08:37 AM
Ruger MK II or III or Browning Buckmark. They are in a different league than the Walther P22, Sig Mosquito and even the Beretta Neos.

searcher451
March 17, 2009, 01:20 PM
+1 to letting her select a gun that best fits her hand, both now and when the time comes to select a concealed carry weapon.

My wife (girlfriend at the time) learned to shoot with a Ruger Bearcat. She enjoyed the experience enough to experiment with other .22s, including a Ruger Mark 1, a Walther PP, even a small derringer. She ended up selecting a Beretta .32 for her personal use, however ... and that gun might well have been the last firearm I would have selected for her.

A man who makes a handgun selection for his wife is a man who will quckly be disappointed, if not pushed aside entirely.

KINGMAX
March 17, 2009, 01:38 PM
YES indeed + 1 for the WALTHER P22 !!! I just purchased my second one. Three years ago I bought my first one. It was a full sized in 5 inch barrel in two tone OD Green. Very accurate, easy to use, outstanding performance.

Two weeks ago I purchased my second one. It has the 3.4 inch barrel, solid black color. I added the Walther Laser to it. I have got it all zeroed in, one sweet auto loader for sure. I just hold the little 'RED DOT' on the target and away it goes. Wonderful little piece. I couldn't be more satisfied for the price. $300 for the pistol, $65 for the laser. I actually wanted to find one in digital camouflage, but was unable to locate one anywhere in the lower 48. I have heard a rumor that they do exist, but no one I have spoken to has ever seen one as of yet.

I have seen a few in 'Solid HOT PINK and PINK digital camouflage', but I don't do pink when it comes to pistols and guns. Let me know if you would like one in pink and I will send you the two gun shops that I found them in.

GOOD LUCK

trekgod3
March 17, 2009, 04:15 PM
Don't forget the Beretta Neos. Very fun to shoot, and zero recoil. Only around $200 new.
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk223/NicksGunPics/Beretta%20U22%20Neos/IMG_00121024x768.jpg

Brad5192
March 17, 2009, 06:34 PM
Thank's guys

If you enjoyed reading about ".22 For the wife." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!