Has SOG gone mad or have I?

PDA

natedog
January 16, 2003, 10:32 PM
I think SOG has gone a little overboard with there "No sales to California" stamp. I'm seeing pump shotguns with said stamp on them in their adds, revolvers, auto pistols with regular 10 round mags. What's going on? Is there some law that I'm overlooking?

If you enjoyed reading about "Has SOG gone mad or have I?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sactown
January 16, 2003, 11:16 PM
SOG is covering their arse because Kali stripped away protections for firearms manufacturers. They won't sell to Kali because of the politikal climate here. STI has also stopped selling their products in Kali. There should be federal protection of the firearms industry to stop these frivolous lawsuits.

hansolo
January 17, 2003, 12:22 AM
I was skimming a recent S.O.G. flyer on the counter at a local gunshop; one of the MilSurp rifle ads had the outline of CA and the saying "CA OK" on one side of the photo, and "Cannot be sold in California" on the other!...obviously a typo, but good for a chuckle....or, chuckle-head :cuss:

foghornl
January 17, 2003, 08:32 AM
With the newest round of things not legal in Kali, I suspect that SOG is trying to make sure they don't get their butts caught in the slingblade....while waiting for a ruling from Kali DOJ about what is legal or not to sell there.

Doesn't make much sense that a "standard" 357Mag 4" barrel could not be sold to Kali......:confused:

J Miller
January 17, 2003, 08:36 AM
:confused:

What / who, is "SOG" and "STI"? There is so many abreviated names used on this and other forums that I am very confused.
Just too many to remember.
Help.........

Thanks,
J

Tamara
January 17, 2003, 08:44 AM
"SOG" is Southern Ohio Guns, a firearms distributor. They go by "SOG".

"STI" Is Strayer-Tripp, Incorporated, a pistol manufacturer. They go by "STI".

J Miller
January 17, 2003, 09:03 AM
Tamara,

Thanks for the clarification. It makes things easier to understand if you know what others are talking about.
:o

KMKeller
January 17, 2003, 09:47 AM
It won't be much longer before manufacturers start eliminating sales to California... :mad:

Guyon
January 17, 2003, 01:40 PM
Who else here votes that ********** breaks from the Union and forms its own nation? That would be a hoot to watch.

BigG
January 17, 2003, 01:53 PM
In that case CA could denominate itself the first turd world nation. :neener:

Master Blaster
January 17, 2003, 01:55 PM
That would be great, then the USA can invade and conquer them.
We can institute a constitutional republic, and hold free elections.:rolleyes:

Thumper
January 17, 2003, 02:12 PM
Tam,

I think it's Strayer-Tripp International...I could be wrong...

Russ
January 17, 2003, 02:30 PM
California, as much as I have bad mouthed it in the past, contributes alot to the ecomony. At one time, 20 %, That, or 1/5 of the food supply came from there. My guess is that it's not much different today. Many of the finanicial services we all count on come from there also.

Over the last 8-10 years, the State has drifted to the left politcally and has enacted really stupid laws.

However, when the Latino Middle class gets a clue, watch out. We cannot write off the State as much as I'd like to. The fact of the matter is that they have more resourses than most of the rest of the country combined.

Our mission, should we choose to accept it, is to bring them back to the center. We fought a Civil War over a bunch of sorry little Southern States that don't make up 1/100 of Calfornia's output or growth. Do you really think the US would California go now without major bloodshed?

If so, I have some land in Brooklyn to sell you. Eventually, the pendulum will swing.

When the Latino Middle Class comes to it's own and the ultra left hippie type 60 people like Jane Fonda, Sheila Kuehl and the others go away, things will change. They may never get over their gun phobia, which is fairly recent, but I bet they moderate it a bit. To suggest that the US would be better off without them is foolish.:scrutiny:

cratz2
January 17, 2003, 02:32 PM
I probably wouldn't sell to California either. If I was a large enough company, I'd set up a fund that helped people reloate to more gun-tolerant states. Really, i would!

Russ
January 17, 2003, 02:38 PM
cratz2,

Then the gun industry in the US will go under. If CA goes down altogher, then a Ruger 10/22 will cost you $3,000.

Tamara
January 17, 2003, 03:19 PM
That would explain the non-existant massive surge in prices on ARs and AKs since their complete banning in CA.

California is rapidly becoming completely irrelevant to the gun industry.

gryphon
January 17, 2003, 05:15 PM
If a Ruger 10/22 cost $3000, then the market would make up for it by buying a different companies product at a cheaper cost.

starfuryzeta
January 17, 2003, 05:22 PM
If a 10/22 goes to $3k, then thank God for C&R licenses. ;)

Bainx
January 17, 2003, 05:34 PM
The whole friggin world revolves around lawyers!

Sactown
January 17, 2003, 06:02 PM
Here in Kali, SF and LA should just become their own little city states and leave the rest of us alone.

If you enjoyed reading about "Has SOG gone mad or have I?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!