shoppin around

PDA

BiggieFatz
March 19, 2009, 12:11 AM
Hey all, I have been shoppin around for a new gun, and like the kimber pistols. I was curious as to if these are fine handguns? Also if there is anything around the same price range, thinking anywhere from 900-1250. I really like the 1911 format and would like to stay with that. basically gonna be just an all around gun. Thanks all.

If you enjoyed reading about "shoppin around" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jfrey
March 19, 2009, 12:17 AM
Kimber pistols: some swear by 'em and some swear at 'em. I personally would rather have a Springfield.

GLI45
March 19, 2009, 12:45 AM
Wkile Kimber makes a solid gun, in the your price range there are a lot of options. I would suggest checking out the STI Trojan. STI pistols are hand fitted, incredibly smooth, and wickedly accurate. I have several STI pistols and have had the opportunity to shoot a couple of different Kimbers. Nothing wrong with Kimber, but I just think STI is a step up,

WoofersInc
March 19, 2009, 02:04 PM
Some people like to bash Kimbers. I have never had any trouble from any of the 7 Kimbers that I own. I am a 1911 guy myself and own 14 of them. But my main carry guns are my Kimbers.

benzuncle
March 19, 2009, 02:32 PM
I have been shoppin around for a new gun, and like the kimber pistols. I was curious as to if these are fine handguns? I really like the 1911 format and would like to stay with that.

Biggie, welcome to THR.

Don't listen to Woofers! I mean, come on, he only owns 14 of'em! :eek:

As with any and every firearm on the market; you'll either get a good one or a bad one. They are, after all, built by humans. Keep reading and lurking and you'll end up making an informed decision. I bought 2 different firearms that were branded as "No good" by some that have never even held one, much let alone fired one. Both have been great pistols: a Taurus PT-145 and a Sig Mosquito.

I personally have steered clear of 1911's. Not because they aren't great firearms, but because like Woof, I'd end up owning a pile of them and can't really afford that. After reading and lurking on the forums for a year and a half, I get the impression that 1911's are kinda like herion, only legal. :D
Good luck to you in your research and decision! That's half the fun and a lot cheaper than the buying and shooting! Let us know...

WoofersInc
March 19, 2009, 03:54 PM
Yeah, these darn 1911's are seriously adicting.

If you enjoyed reading about "shoppin around" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!