Where to get bulk Ammo if on the West Coast?

PDA

Oyeboten
March 19, 2009, 04:35 AM
Been wanting to get some bulk .45 ACP, and .38 Special, but am not finding any bulk sources in the South West.

Texas seems about as close as I've found.

Any ideas?

Phil

If you enjoyed reading about "Where to get bulk Ammo if on the West Coast?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Taurus_9mm
March 19, 2009, 10:38 AM
Do you ever go to any of the online sites? I scour them on a daily basis and when I see something I want ammo wise, I pounce. I've found if I don't at that point in time and wait until later, it's usually gone when I return. Basspro has .45 ACP 250 round UMC bulk packs available @ $95.00 but it says they're low in stock at the moment (but apparently still have some on hand.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_64379____SearchResults

kirkcdl
March 19, 2009, 12:57 PM
JG Sales in AZ,or Outdoor Marksman in Oregon,but their inventory changes very rapidly,you need to check frequently...

jaydubya
March 19, 2009, 09:37 PM
Does it matter where it comes from? I live in San Diego, the southwest corner of the United States. I get my bulk ammo from www.mastercast.net, which is in Pennsylvania! I've fired off more than seven thousand of their reloads, mostly .38sp but including a thousand 9X19. Prompt, reliable and inexpensive -- particulary inexpensive if you send them your spent brass in exchange (same type and number). I send them a thousand of mine by USPS Priority Mail for nine bucks and change. Any other way I know of costs more than twenty. Mastercast is a quality service at an excellent price.

Cordially, Jack

ArmedBear
March 19, 2009, 10:01 PM
There's a bulk ammo producer around. Turner's sometimes has their bulk packs.

Buy one at Turner's, enjoy shooting it, and contact the company with the label on the box.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Where to get bulk Ammo if on the West Coast?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!